Chapter 40

Amarillo's POV

We all just sit around looking at each other like a bunch of fucking delinquents.

I look at my watch to check the time, Naomi and her mom or whatever she calls he has been gone for damn there two hours. What is taking them so long?

"Does it usually takes then this long to complete a task?" I ask her brother.

"A task?" he laughs. "What do you think this a group assignment for a grade or something?"

I fight the urge to tell him what I really want to tell because he's a spy and can definitely beat my ass. "What do you guys call it then?"

"We call it missions."

"Do you guys get graded for your missions?" Casey asks him.

"Kind of," he says. "If we complete the mission, we get good recognition, but if we take forever to complete it or don't complete at all then we get bad recognition and our boss hesitates on sending us on missions."

"Okay. So you guys get graded for your assignments then." Corrine rolls her eyes.

Marty looks at her crazy with his pupils dilated.

"Don't you know this man is a spy? Which means he could, " He leans back, looks at her and whispers to her loudly. "Kill you for getting out of your body with him like that. Don't be stupid."

"I'm not worried about him nor his abilities." Corrine laughs so unbothered sending the room into a quiet spell again for a few minutes.

I don't like loud and obnoxious, but all this silence creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable as if something bad is about to happen.

The front door burst open and in walks Naomi carrying Kelenna over her shoulder.

"Roland, move everything off of the table," she demands her voice strained.

Ronald throws everything on the table onto the floor, breaking glass coaster and candles, "What happened to mom? Is she dead?" Ronald asks tearfully scrunching up his face.

Naomi gently lays Kelenna down on her back. Her bloody hands grasp Ronald's face, "Look at me, Ronald."

Ronald squeezes his eyes shut opening them again revealed his dilated and red pupils, "No. Not until you answer me." he demands.

"Ronald." she tries her best to get his attention but he isn't haven't.

"No." he bites down on his lip. "Is she dead?" his voice so strong and stern. Naomi doesn't seem phased by his strong and demanding voice at all.

She lets out a deep breath before she says, "I don't know."

"I don't know?" Ronald's eyebrows furrowed. "What the hell is th-"

"No!" she yells. "No! She's not dead. She just lost a lot of blood and passed out because the bullets are still inside of her and-"

"Bullets? As in two?"

"Yes, Ronald Two."

Ronald begins spiraling out of control. Naomi smacks his face until he shuts up.

"What's going on?" Ty'ann stands at the bottom of the steps...

Naomi's POV

.... wiping her ass looking past us.

"What happened to mom?" she gapes as she walks towards the living room.

Ronald and I both put our arms out stopping Ty'ann from going any further. We pull her into our arms and hold her as she continues to cry out, "Let go of me. What happened to my mom?"