Act X ║ Northa

𝓥𝓲𝓴𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂𝓪

Heir of Night
All Rights Reserved
© 2018 L. C. Rose

For two weeks, we traveled up the waters of the Sea of Silver, the nights becoming colder, the days shorter, the sea more tranquil in frigid hibernation

For two weeks, we traveled up the waters of the Sea of Silver, the nights becoming colder, the days shorter, the sea more tranquil in frigid hibernation. Icy rain kept us company for most of the voyage, during which time I was so miserably cold that I contemplated throwing myself off the craft, hopefully dragging one or two of those infuriating Lycan sentinels, and their constant hovering over my party and I, with me.

Everything was half frozen, and even the bloodwine on board had no calming effect on any of my kin.

Most days, I just watched the Lycan queen on her spot atop the deck. There was something about her – standing so unnaturally still, alone with her thoughts. She spoke little, some days not even uttering a word. Her hair turned golden in the sunrays and silver white under the moonlight. Still, that ghostly and odd air surrounded her as she looked northbound.

While my heart crumbled for the land I left behind, she stared longingly towards the home that would welcomed her back. I could see it, the Northan castle rippling in the queen's bewitching cobalt eyes, in want and in need. 

The image haunted my dreams throughout the nights: a white palace, hewed of ice rock, on the edge of the world, watching and waiting. But then, it's gates turn jagged and it swallows me whole.

Mighty horns signal our arrival as we pass through the looming archways of Nordrift, glinting rays bouncing off the polished instruments

Mighty horns signal our arrival as we pass through the looming archways of Nordrift, glinting rays bouncing off the polished instruments. Blue flags depicting white wolves flap in the wind above the capital city, the cobblestone streets cleared a path for the Queen luna, the Darkling bride and their escorts.

Dressed in triumphant Dracul black and painted like an edged sword, I ride beside Tala Lycanous. Marvelous fur, layered in shades of white, like fallen snow, reaches her hands and cuffs her wrists while flowing behind and over her mount. Her tunic shirt and pants match perfectly and seem crafted to display her figure in sinful yet stunning manner. The jewelry at her neck and ears is simple but the crown atop her head is breath-taking, a superb item made to look like a moon over a bed vines, every silver leaf incrusted with aquamarines.