| Jan 7th, 2020 |

•Not book related•

•Not book related•

Hello my darlings, I hope you are well. Those that know me know that I try to be as reserved as possible with my personal life as I can be, but I feel like I need to vent this out.

I live in Puerto Rico, a small island in the Caribbean and a US territory since 1898 (just FYI).
Since the morning of January 7th, around 4 a.m. the south side of the island, the most heavily affected and where I reside, has not stopped shaking. It's been about two weeks now, but my world has since been crumbling down... IS STILL crumbling down.

We have changed as a nation.

Some still have no electricity since that day.
Some don't have running water.
And some have been left without homes.

The aftershock quakes are strong and every time one hits, I hear people scream or watch them run outside hysterically.
My anxiety is through the roof as I watch my fellow islanders sleeping outside under the night sky because they are too afraid to go inside their homes, if they still have one...
I think of my students and how they might be coping with all this, if they are okay, if they are in need... and it breaks my heart.

Thankfully, my family and I are alright, but this has been a complete nightmare.
All I ask is for you amazing people to pray for us if you do so. Please.
Keep us in your good thoughts and send us well wishes.

Puerto Rico has been in a state of PTSD ever since Hurricane María two years ago, and this has just created something so much worse.

~•~

Trying to hold on to God, our loved ones and our sanity.

Love,
L.C. Rose❣️

 Rose❣️