Chapter Thirteen

"So wassup boss?" DaeDae asks me.

"Andre know bout Malayah, he even was sendin' shots at my house, wit her in da car, this morning," I tell him.

"Damn, that nigga bold as fuck," Lathan says laughing.

"Yeah, this nigga must have a death wish," Tony says.

"Dom gonna move y'all?" DaeDae asks.

I nod my head. Dom is Landon's brother. He use to be in the gang until he got married and had kids, so now he in real estate, so whenever we need somewhere to live, he got us. He only 21 but he's always wanted a family.

"So what we finna do?" Lathan asks.

"We gonna kill him before he gets his hands on Malayah," I tell him.

I don't know how, Andre is slick but not as slick as me. He knows how to get around but imma catch his ass. I don't give a fuck how much time and work I gotta put in. He's not touchin Malayah.

"Where's Malayah now?" Tony asks.

"School," I tell him. I lean against my desk and text Malayah.

To: Babygirl❤️‼️
You okay?
1:37pm

"You don't think he'll catch her at school?" Lathan asks.

"Nah, he don't know anything bout her," I answer.

"Ya know, sum of his goons go to every school on this side of Cali, he'll find her if he sent for her," DaeDae points out.

"Fuck!" I yell, slamming my fist on the desk.

They right. If Andre sent for Malayah, he gonna get her. But I got goons too, he ain't the only one.

"Dats cool, I got goons at her school too, y'all can go now," I tell them. They all file out the room.

I pull out my phone. Malayah didn't answer me. I text my nigga JayShawn.

To: Hitta😎🔫💯
Yo, ya know a girl named Malayah?
1:41pm

Hitta😎🔫💯
Yea she in my class right now
1:42pm

Why she didn't answer me.

To: Hitta😎🔫💯
What she doing?
1:43pm

Hitta😎🔫💯
😴
1:45pm

Damn. She always wanna sleep.

To: Hitta😎🔫💯
Watch out for Andre's goons, make sure they don't come around ha
1:47pm

Hitta😎🔫💯
Bettt, I got all my classes wit her
1:49pm

I text a thumbs up and put my phone down. I feel my phone vibrating.

Babygirl❤️‼️ is calling.....

"Yea baby?"

"I don't feel good," Malayah says.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I went out to lunch with Tessa and I bumped into this guy and I dropped my food, so he offered to pay for my next one and he handed it to me. I ate at Panda Express hundreds of times but this time the food tasted kinda weird. Do you think it was that Andre dude?"

"What he looked like baby?" I ask her.

"Dark skin. He had dimples when he smiled. He was kinda short but still taller than me."

"He had a tattoo on his arm?" I ask her.

"I don't know Kimetrius, he had a long sleeve shirt on," she answers, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine baby," I tell her.

"Will you pick me up please, my tummy really hurts," she whines.

"Yea baby, I'll be there," I say hanging up.

***

"It's okay baby," I tell Malayah, while rubbing her bare stomach.

"It really hurts," she tells me.

"Imma kill whoever did this," I say to her.

"Fuck," she winces.

She gets up and runs to the bathroom. I hear her throwing up and gagging. Good thing this is the trap bathroom, because I am not cleaning that shit up.

I get a call from Landon.

"Yo wassup?"

"Dom got us a new one, I already got our stuff backed and it on the way to the new house. Can you send sum of your guys to help unpack it?"

"Yea I gotchu," I tell him, hanging up. I text Lathan.

"You got mouth wash?" Malayah asks.

"Yeah baby it should be in the cabinet," I tell her. I hear a knock on the door. Lathan walks in.

"Yeah wassup?" He asks.

"I need you and sum otha niggas help Landon unpack our shit, ask him for the address," I tell him. He nods his head and walks out.

Malayah walks over to me and sits back into my lap. I lift up her shirt and rub her stomach again.

"Is Landon in your gang?" She asks.

I shake my head no. She lays her head on my shoulder and cries.

"What's wrong baby? Don't cry," I say, wiping her tears.

"It fucking hurts, it's worse than when I use to have my periods every month," she says.

"Use to?" I ask her.

"I'm on birth control so they skip months, plus it's really light," she tells me.

"When I'm ready to have a baby, you gettin off that shit, on my momma," I tell her.
She just nods her head.

"Baby I gotta question," I say.

"Yeah?"

"What color shirt was he wearing?" I ask her.

"Blue, why?" she asks.

It was either Andre or one his goons. Imma kill his bitch ass.

"Was it him?" Malayah asks, rubbing my chest, tryna calm me down.

"Yeah baby, I'm so sorry. This is my fault that you in pain," I tell her.

"It's okay, I'll be fine, I feel a little better," she lies.

I know she don't feel better. Tears are still falling down her eyes. We tried every medicine in CVS that deals with stomach aches and nun of them worked. I don't know what the fuck he did, but when I get my hands on him, he's dead.