Chapter Twenty-Eight

"So we finna go to the mall and get our nails done," Madi says, driving off.

Tes plugs Madi's aux cord into her phone and plays a song. I've never heard it before.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Crazy Story by King Von," she says.

While it plays, I feel my phone vibrate.

Baby🥰
Be careful ⚠️ opps might be lurking baby 🤧
3:38pm

To: Baby🥰
Okay, I will ❤️
3:39pm

"I'm in a spaceship get ready for take off, can't fuck wit little shawty, I know that she basic, she making my dick soft," we rap. I know you was playing now by Skies and Yung Pinch plays loudly.

"I got this girl in the room getting naked, she fuck wit a real boss, when my game walk in it's lit, legit, give ha the d then she dismissed no kiss you test me and you gettin hit, lil bitch, I take my shot and I don't miss, my diamonds piss, and girl that's funny cuz I know you, you just come around ta make a name, girl I know you, you gonna tell me you different and you changed, but I know you on everything you everything you say you ain't," we keep rapping.

When the song was over, Been On played by Mosey. We pull into the mall parking lot once the song is over.

We all get out and take sum pictures for Snapchat and Instagram. We walk into the mall, going straight to the nail salon.

"Okay so we have an appointment,
I made it this morning," Tes tells the lady at the counter.

"Yes yes, Tes and a party of two," the lady says, "come this way."

The lady leads us to three chairs.

"So I made it for a mani and pedi," Tessa says.

"You're the best," I tell her.

"I know," she says smiling.

Three Asian men came to assist us.

"What color?" The man asks me.

"Um, I want periwinkle, close to purple kinda of color," I tell him.

That's my favorite color, plus a light baby blue. Both of them are my favorite. This makes me think of the baby blue gun Skies got for me. After leaving his mama's house we went to his trap and made me practice shooting for safety reasons. I don't even carry around the gun so I don't see the point. I'm not gonna lie, it's beautiful but where am I suppose to put it?

"So what have y'all been up to?" Madi asks us.

"Well, I finally let Landon hit," Tessa says cheesing.

"Finally, you act like y'all was dating for years before he got to hit," I laugh.

"Fuck you!" Tessa says, flicking me off.

"Landon already did," I say.

We all start laugh.

"What about you?" Madi asks me.

"Oh yea, nothing really, me and Skies has just been tryna get to know each other a little better, he told me he loved me but I'm not ready to say it back. I want it to mean something," I say.