my first day

i woke up this morning and sighed. i hated going to a new school and i really didn't want to go to this one. i just moved here from Canada and didn't know what american kids were like.. I slid into a new pair of jeans my mom got me and a huge abercrombie and fitch sweatshirt. i'm kind of fat so it's big.. i took off to the bus stop so i wouldn't be late. i got to the bus stop early just to make sure i didn't miss the bus to be safe. i just stood there for like 10 minutes by myself. maybe this wasn't a good idea. my stomach was rumbling since i skipped breakfast to be early. i was about to start eating my packed lunch when i was at my breaking point, then suddenly i saw some sad kid coming to the bus stop. i stopped rummaging in my back pack to make sure this kid didn't think i'm a pig. that was my nickname at my old school since i'm fat and have red hair  and lots of pimples and freckles. i was also called raggedy anne. thinking of that, i got started feeling bad. but then, the sad kid came up. he looked lonely and needed a friend, so we both felt the same. i was going to get a friend, i promised myself. "ummm, hi." he said. you call that a greeting?? c'mon dude! so i said, "oh come on, you can do better than that." he answered "sorry dude, im not in a good mood." i guess i understand that, he did look very sad. "ok, i won't force ya, but if you're going to be my friend, we'll need to work on that." this is where i lure him in... i got this. "friends?!?! i don't even know your name" uh oh!! uhh... name! yeah! tell him your name! wait... what's my name? oh yeah "bobby, im new, and i need someone to help me around. hmmmmm..." i started looking around like i was picking someone out of a studio audience. then i whipped around and blurted out, "OH HEY! i recruit you!"he finally laughed, "bro, im the only one here, there was no one else to pick."  i got this.. i said"right, which is why i also pick YOU as my friend." "ok, im not denying you." i almost let out a giggle. yes! a friend and school didn't even start yet! wait til i tell my friends via videochat! that's when the bus came.