Chapter 10: Meet the Garwins

"What the fuck are you doing!" I groaned plopping my head back on the pillow.

"You have a nice collection." He replied, flipping the pages of the magazine. "Why magazines of these models? You should be having magazines of Lucky Blue Smith, Chris Evans and Tom Cruise. Why these? Are you gay?" He nudged my leg with the elbow on which he had propped himself on the bed.

"Noo..."I groaned and turned to face the other side, freeing my legs fully from the weight of his body.

"Oh." He replied in surprise. "I thought I should ask, we haven't seen each other since so long. At least a decade." He flipped the magazine page twice, the rustling sound made by the flipping pages interrupted the peaceful slumber I was falling into.

I clenched my eyes in annoyance. He tilted his head sideways as he read the articles on the magazines with keen interest.

"More than a decade." I groaned and straightened my body, pulling cover over my head.

"Yeah. When was the last time we met?"

"Hmmm" I groaned, my eyelids slowly being encumbered by the weight of the slumber. I was dozing off back to the same reverie when he nudged by leg again."Hey."

My eyes opened wide for once then like the magnetic pull closed of again, because I was in no mood to get out of my sleep for having a conversation with him.

But if I didn't reply to him he will nudge me again, and getting up and kicking him out of my room seemed of too much effort and yes, it was rude. How can I kick him out a few minutes after we have met?! So, I decided to comply.

"I think it was when you were moving to nuleans..."I mumbled.

"Come again." He shook my leg and rage rushed to my brain. My eyes opened again, then slowly started to shut down. I recalled Buddha.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

The poison in my viens had reached my brain so the only way to inject the antidote was-

Breathe. . .

I tried to pronunce every word as clearly like you could differentiate between bleating of a lamb and bleating of a goat. But still I was so drugged by sleep that I could mix both. I opened my mouth as much as I could in sleep and spoke louder.

"I think when you were moving to New Orleans."

"Oh. Yeah. Right right." He replied." I think you should sleep. I'll go." She shut the magazines, arranged them into a stack precariously. Then he slid them under the bed and got up on his feet.

"See you later Mia."

"Hmmm." I responded satisfied that he was finally walking out, so that I could fall back to sleep. Since how long I was sleeping I didn't know, I just wanted to sleep a little more. The whole day had been hell tiring.

He walked out and shut the door behind him.

I huffed loudly, enjoying the silence of the room. Sleep slowly started to take over my eyelids. I stretched my feet under the cover then curled them back, my hands laying onto one side of the pillow, in front of my face. The curtains rustled behind my back, reminding that autumn was slowly going to go away and winter was going to take over.

The incessant buzz of my phone dragged me out of sleep against my wishes. Blindly, I reached for it and pulled it. The charger got pulled out along with it and crashed into the headrest of the bed. My eyes snapped open at once.

I ignored the long incessant buzz and grabbed the charger to check that no cracks had formed on its plastic shell. It was just the same.

I sighed in relief and threw the charger on the bed. The buzz stopped for a while, then started off again. I plonked my phone on my ear, pushing my hair away from my forehead. "Hello?"