Chapter 12: two types of Interrogation

I pulled my eyes open and dizziness danced in my brain.

The world around me swirled at first, then the floors shook, wabbled, then gradually they gained stability. Now everything seemed stable, but blurred. I clenched my eyes to clear my vision.

Where am I?

The place around me had nothing to offer. No clues that could tell where I was, no outside view, no proper floors or sounds around. I was sitting in box made up of metal, that was huge enough to be called a room made up of metal. There was one vent through which air gushed into the room.

The vent was situated at the top on the wall opposite me, which fanned cold air on my face making my hair scatter in all directions. My nose itched and as I inhaled, I could feel the wetness in my nostrils which made me realise that I was on the verge of catching cold. I jerked my hands that were tied at the back hoping that the duct tape would snap on its own. A cloth gagged my mouth.

My shoulders ached as I jerked, the tape was wrapped around my wrist tautly. The duct tape squeezed my veins rendering my hands numb to any pain, I wriggled my fingers to awaken the sensation of my hand that had gone numb and coldness waved through my hands.

Slowly, the coldness dwindled, and my wrist searingly ache as I wagged it more. I bit my lower lip to resist the pain of the wrists but my teeth dug into my lips to such a depth that it caused a sweet pain that I wanted to feel again and again. I groaned while I wriggled to set myself free. My legs were angled in front of me, folded upto my chest.

I tapped the left ankle with the right feet hoping that the swiss knife was still hiding in my shoe.

I could drop the knife to the floor, then shift my butt in such a direction that my hands tied at the back could reach for it.

But, to my dismay, the swiss knife was not there. Either I dropped it somewhere or somebody had taken it out. I pressed my breasts against my thigh to check for a small folding knife that I had hidden in my bra.

I pressed my chest starting from the side to the other side of my breasts, I lifted my legs and squeezed my abs hoping maybe it had slipped from my bra and was roaming somewhere in my jacket.

Where is the knife?

I pressed my lips together and did everything to make sure that I had searched properly for it. I twisted my legs, lifted my butt, did a series to abs exercise too to burn the pizza I had eaten earlier, but nothing of avail. My hands ached because of the duct tape's tautness and without my hands being free I couldn't have searched for it properly.

It was gone.

All gone.

My phone, wallet, bike keys, I felt nothing in my pockets but the fabric that stretched over my skin. I dropped my head back on the wall and sighed.

Who the fuck took out the knife from my bra!

Something creaked, which made it hard to guess where it came from at first.

A line of narrow gap formed in wall, from where a shaft of white light dashed into the room making it unbearable. The white light pricked my eyes and I narrowed my eyes so that the white light got filtered through my eyelashes.

In the presence of my eyelashes sifting the light, I could make out a figure standing at the door which appeared to be carved out of the room. Someone was clutching the door handle and talking.

My eyes grasped a grey building behind his figure when the white light became acceptable to my eyes and opened my eyes fully. But before I could force my brain to remember something about that building I had seen it somewhere before, the figure entered the room wearing a korean mask covering his nose and lips and he dragged a chair into the room along with himself.