Chapter 13: Ashton's interrogation

Josh
"How many fingers is this?"Matty slapped Ashton's face to wake him from his drowsy state.

"Hmmmph."Ashton groaned in response, pulling his head back.

Matty grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his face down.

"Hey Wake up! Wake up!" He slapped Ashton's face lightly. Ashton's face glistened like it was smothered by oil, Matty wiped his hands on his shirt and moved his face closer to Ashton to get a close up glimpse of him.

"He's not waking up." Matty whisper-shrieked.

I shook my head.

I told you not to give an extra dose idiot!

"What should we do!" Matty stretched out his hand and poked my arm.

"How the hell will I know! You're the tech guy not me!" I shrugged.

"See that 'you're the tech guy' thing will not work here." Matty mimicked my style and he was totally disasterous at it.

Ashton groaned, stiffened his body to prevent himself from falling and stretched his droopy eyes. His eyes glued from intense drowsiness, not ready to pull apart yet. He wriggled and stretched his fingers, gripped the arm rest and attempted to haul himself up.

He slopped back on the chair and grunted.

"Where...am...I?" Ashton hissed and winced to keep his eyes open. He stretched his face muscles to make his eyes open enough to let him have a good sight of the place, no matter how drugged he was.

"Where the hell... am I? And--who are you?" He pointed a shaky finger at Matty who was wearing a mask to prevent him from seeing his face. His wiry figure lacked in strength, he pushed himself up amassing his whole body strength, yet he couldn't pull himself up halfway through.

He leaned forward to say something but tumbled forth. I gripped his arm, controlling his falling and helped his head landing smoothly on the floor.

I pulled his shoulders back with tremendous efforts and made him slump back onto the chair. He was wiry and tall, yet his body was heavy, which felt like I was dropping a body builder onto the chair. He plopped his head back and groaned, slowly drifting back to the dark unconscious state.

I exchanged stern glances with Matty.

"Did we drug him too much?" Matty asked me with concerned eyes.

"No." I shook my head sarcastically."He just wants to sleep."

Matty twisted his lips in annoyance narrowing his brown sparkly eyes and shot death glares at me.

"What?" I shrugged pulling the innocent face.

Matty rolled his eyes and flicked back to Ashton. He folded his arms over his chest eyeing Ashton slowly from head to toe.

"Its just one dose of the serum. I didn't expect he'll be this groggy with just a dose." He addressed to me and clapped his mouth.

"What should we do now?" He turned to me for a solution.

"I don't know." I retorted pushing away the urges to call Mia.

Matty pursed his lip prying Ashton's movements.

Ashton stretched his leg muscles, groaned and slopped down. I hooked my arms around his shoulders and pulled him up back up.

"Think fast." I nudged Matty who seemed winded up in his thoughts.

Matty glimpsed at me for answers then his fingers reached out for a steel case and he plonked it onto the table beside the lie detector.

"What are you doing? Anti- drugging him?" I tugged his arm.