Chapter 14: Retribution

Recap

Josh and Matty had been successful into kidnapping Ashton Lambert, their prime suspect. However, later, Mia gets kidnapped by Jake, the same stranger who had violated her privacy by kissing her. He interrogates Mia in his own way, while Matty and Josh interrogate Ashton in their own way. Matty lets Ashton go after a brief interrogation and asks Josh to get some food from the nearest outlet. But, Josh after exiting the building finds Ashton engaged in some secret call, he eavesdrops on him. He discovers that Ashton lied, or, he told the half truth to them. Josh asks Matty to track Ashton's phone.

Matty
"Where the hell were you!" I shouted  as soon as my eyes darted to the figure walking into the room rolling her shoulders and snapping her neck. Anger within me darted up to my brain and I shouted at her.

"Couldn't you have texted us or something?"

She stopped in her tracks and batted her eyelids in shock. I could feel her swallowing on seeing my intense anger. I had to force myself to do the job of interrogating Ashton when she was the one to do it. Josh couldn't do it because there had to be someone stronger to keep Ashton in check incase he pulls off any tricks to break himself free.

I rose from my seat slowly folding my arms over my chest and simply sternly glaring at her soft glowing face. Seriously, it was very hard to do that, unless you are pretty adamant about it.

Mia's rose bud semblable lips pouted and her eyes glimmered with an unnatural sparkle softening the anger sieging my heart. That's why I said it was hard to maintain my anger. But no, I needed my answers therefore, I gathered my whole pathetic self up, that was melting bits by bits in front of her.

I sighed loudly as she stopped right in front of me, curved her eyebrows and her lips flashed a toothy smile.

"Uh-sorry?"

I rolled my eyes and snapped fingers in front of her face.

She flinched on impact yet joined her hands together twisting her body side to side like a kid who has a tonsillitis asking for a chocolate ice-cream.

"Please?"

I swatted my hand showing the ultimate disapproval. I wasn't going buy any of those tricks, I was angry and I seriously meant it.

She hooked her arm around my arm and bounced up and down. " Please Matty please."

I swiftly turned towards her to shoot angry glares straight into her eyes with a zoomed-in impact and almost bumped my face with hers.

We flinched on the impact hence aborting all the possibility of what could have happened, but our noses did brush against each other that ignited fears of what would have happening if my lips had landed straight onto hers.

She squeaked widening her eyes as she used her reflexes to pull back immidiately before we would regret rest of our lives if it had happened. I flinched too on the impact and cleared my throat straightening my hoodie.

If Mia's reflexed weren't that strong, we would have kissed, err, pecked. I haven't even had thought of anything as such in all these years and I wouldn't think of it even in the next 50 or 60 years.

I put a break on my thoughts and pulled myself together, reinstalling the same angry stern face I had when she showed up.

"Dammit where the were you?!" I pierced her eyes with my glare but from a good three meter distance between us.

"I- had some work to do." She drawled when she answered, which meant she was picking her words carefully. By that very instant my ears tingled which meant she was lying. And, I could also tell it by the way her eyes averted from my face as she spoke.