five

the two boys had just arrived at school, jack practically sweating as zach's pace was rushed to get to school; forcing jack to keep up.

as they walked through the school doors, zach made his way to his locker, the curly-headed following. jack noticed a few people's stares, though didn't pay much attention to it, as he didn't know why.

as zach stopped in front of his locker, jack stopped as well, watching as zach went to put in his locker code. zach twisted the lock, mumbling the numbers to himself as he went.

as he finished, he went to open it; the lock not pushing in. zach grumbled in frustration at his failed attempt. he was already on edge that morning.

the younger took a deep breath, attempting at his code, the locker still not budging. he groaned once again, a little louder as he punched his locker, not hard but not soft.

"hey, hey. calm down, bub. let me try, your rushing and it's getting the best of you." jack spoke softly his hands on the smaller's shoulders as he let out deep breaths.

jack then makes his own attempt to open his locker as he already knew the combination to his best friends' locker.

he twisteted the look, coming to end and popping open the locker, zach watching as jack succeded. zach blushed the slightest, his gaze moving to the floor. he grabbed his needed stuff quickly, shutting his locker softly.

as if on cue, daniel, corbyn, and jonah; came walking into to the school towards the two at a calm pace, saving them from the small awkward silence that zach created.

"did you notice everyone was staring and whispering at you guys." jonah mumbled to jack about what he noticed walking into the school.

"yeah actually. i kinda noticed but i didn't know what it was about so i didn't pay attention to it." jack shrugged as he contiuned his conversation with jonah.

"well, when i was walking in; i overheard these girls talking about how you and zach might have something more than a friendship. and not just because of you guys' sudden closeness this year, but he has on your sweatshirt- with your last name on it." jonah explained.

as jonah explained, zach was listening slightly, enojoying the thoughts his mind went to after hearing that. imagine if me and jack were actually dating.

just as zach snapped out of his thoughts, he realized he had put on that certain sweatshirt. his cheeks turned a dark pink as he stopped in listening on their conversation.

jack then came to his own realization as he heard that from jonah. no wonder we were getting all those stares. but it doesn't matter, because like jonah said; it's just a rumor. jack thought to himself.

jack was clearly dozed off into his own thoughts, when he felt a tap on his shoulder, pulling him out of it. he looked at the person who seemed to tap his shoulder, noticing who it was it, and his mood showing clear annoyance.

"um- why does he get to wear your sweatshirt and not me." gabbie complained clearly annoyed at the actions.

why can't she just leave me alone and get over the fact that i'm over her. "gabbie, seriously. we're not dating anymore, i have no interest in you. get over yourself." jack stated to the girl, as she seemed slightly upset by his words. zach even seemed slightly shocked by jack's straight foward comment.

thankfully, jack was saved by the bell; giving him an excuse to not have to continue the conversation. so, he turned on his heel as he grabbed zach and pulled him to the library.

£

zach arrived in his second period quietly, walking to the back of the classroom to take his seat, like always. he sat on his phone as he awaited for the late bell to ring. soon, daniel arrived taking a seat next to his brunette friend; exchanging 'hello's quietly.