Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Snake-Lilith looked around and couldn't find Lilith's soul. She cursed every possible word and panicked when she thought of how she was going to face her master without a new soul. Snake-Lilith paced back and forth until the undeniable call of her master forced her to walk into his chambers.

He was on his throne of darkness and looked royally pissed and Snake-Lilith bowed and said, "I beg for you forgiveness Master but Lilith has seemed to have gone onto a plane I have no access to."

He grunted and within a second his hands were around Snake-Lilith's throat and he lifted her a good couple of inches off the ground and made her stare into his now flaming eyes before saying, "What kind of excuse is that? I ordered you to give her soul to me as soon as the body died!"

Snake-Lilith struggled in his grip and said, "I'm sorry but did you ever think that something greater than my power took her soul away from me?"

And with that she was dropped to the ground gasping for air. She then looked up and her master was once again pacing back and forth and saying something she couldn't, or didn't care to, hear. She stood up and that was when her master looked at her and said, "You will be sent out back to Earth in any form you shall choose until you find her soul."

"May I ask what makes her soul worth this worry?" Snake-Lilith asked, but she herself felt that Lilith's soul was more precious than her own. Though not because it would be the most powerful one of all but because Snake-Lilith cared about the girl.

Her master glared at her and said, "Leave!"

Snake-Lilith shuddered and bowed before leaving hoping that he didn't decide to order anything else before she left.

~oOo~

Lilith's vision was blinded by light and she wondered where she was. Last thing she knew was that she fainted on the battlefield after saying goodbye for that last time to Tyki but... then she couldn't remember anything else. The light then went away and she opened her eyes seeing that she was alone. She got up and walked to a window and what she saw shocked her.

There was a gigantic battle going on between the Exorcists and the Noah and the Noah seemed to have the upper hand at that point. Lilith then noticed that she felt... alone. She wondered how that was possible with Snake-Lilith inside her but she couldn't feel the she-demon inside of her and grew worried.

"What happened when I was passed out?" she thought and then felt as if lightning struck her and she wasn't alone anymore.

"Lilith how did you get back in your body?" Snake-Lilith asked with as much confusion as Lilith felt.

"I don't know, but I thought I was supposed to die and go to your master." Lilith stated.

"Well now that we're back why don't we go out and help your lover?" Snake-Lilith asked with a smirk.

Lilith blushed but chuckled and nodded, followed by her jumping out the window running over to the Noah she loved. Snake-Lilith exited Lilith's body and turned into her snake form as she attacked an un-expecting exorcist. Lilith pulled out her gun-blade, but felt as if she should be doing something... else.

She looked up to the sky just as she dodged an exorcist. Though when she looked to the white haired boy, she immediately felt sorrow and recognized him as one of the ones that killed her dear Emilia. She then tried her best to hide her anger but she attacked him and was blocked by his claws.

Lilith jumped back when she felt her anger fading and he turned his claws into a sword, but now he was missing an arm, and Lilith felt a genuine smile climb onto her face. She placed her weapon down when the blade struck right through her and she received a shocked expression from the boy.