11: Flymax and Cardinal

I'm glad there are only two more weeks left of the school semester because most schools already got out for the summer weeks ago. But that's only part of the effect of being part of the Black Tower families. It's truly miserable being tied to politics or huge businesses for your whole life. With my mother being part of the military head and having no other family means I've only had Lystel to keep me company with others coming in and out of my life. If only our musical abilities could set us up for life instead of the few predetermined paths. But that's how the country keeps itself together without going ludicrous.

The station was three more minutes away by train. The view of Doberonne from my seat was so much busier and vertically built than the refined streets of Castie. Less sunshine than Castie and much more dreary clouds.

I pulled out my phone and inserted the website card, pulling up Someids. Pictures of the Doberonne skyline would be a nice addition to what I normally share. I pointed the camera out the window, zooming in to the high-rise businesses and tenant buildings. Three pictures to choose from would be enough. I chose the least blurry photo with a brief description, "I've never seen such tall buildings but the one I live in. FBIT" (FBIT means 'funny because it's true')

I decided to check up on Lystel's account. One new photo, her holding up sheet music. The caption read, "New song for SotK will be finished in hopefully a week!" She was talking about our unofficial band, I play anything with a keyboard and she plays the drums. We decided that we could both do the vocals. She writes most of the music while I make the seldom lyrics.

We started Son of the King in our seventh year of school when we both found an appreciation for music and the ability to read music.

It's been three years since then, two members strong since the beginning. We've found a few events over time looking for local musical groups. But we've been trying to build up to qualifying for being part of the Doomsday Parade.

The parade comes around every two years with independent musicians and their own parade troop. We're barely close to "novice" with our equipment and time management, not to mention we're still in school and we'll have our own government-related responsibilities once our studies are finished. That's why we planned on going as fast as we can to the top before time runs out while also multitasking. But we can always send an application for the board's consideration as long as we meet the requirements.

If only we were never born into this line of strict expectations with closing-in work prisons. Best class doesn't always mean the best life. Being one class lower would be a miracle for myself and Lystel.

One man, I'm very sure, followed me on to the train, staying right behind me from my initial departure from Castie up till now. I suspect my mother wants to make sure I'm safe. Either that, or he's a stalking creep up to something. I didn't want to think about what would happen if he really was a stalker. His cap does nothing to hide his scarlet dreadlocks, his thin icy eyes, and his servants' earring. I'll call him SDS, or Sidus. Scarlet dreadlock stalker.

The train soon arrived at the station. I quickly walked off the platform and towards the nearest public building, a general store. If I walk in the weirdest of paths, he's sure to lose track of me.

He didn't follow me completely into the store. He waited near the entrance I walked into, possibly knowing what my intentions were or that it was the perfect place to scream about a stranger and someone would come running. I took the entrance on the opposite side of the building to take leave.

Simple.

I found my way to Tatums freeway, the site of the incident. A scarlet man holding a camera on his shoulder followed a very animated violet woman asking countless questions to passersby on the sidewalk. A reporter. They likely wouldn't leave until their lunch break. I decided to keep a large distance from them.