4: Going Somewhere

Warm air blows all around me and the ground is softer than I'm used to, my mind taking in the unfamiliar circumstances I'm in as I wake from my drowsy state.

I snap my eyes open to see where I am. What I see is something fluffy and green covering the ground, this must be the grass that one Mine Master mentioned once.

I unsteadily attempted to rise from the grassy ground, careful not to hit my head on the... ceiling? I don't hit my head, there is no ceiling. All there is above me is vacant and speckled black. The white dots should be stars if my memory serves me right. I've only seen a small portion of the night sky before from holes continuing to the surface that allow me to breathe. I only saw blacks and greys, never anything else. But I've never seen the big silver orbs up in the sky until now. The sky shimmers like diamonds but in greater number and otherworldly beauty.

I would have expected to wake up in the mine in my cramped sleeping area, but the mine is literally below me now. I wouldn't be waking up in that miserable place anymore. I'm free from that silencing madhouse now that I escaped, but where would I go? I don't know anything about the world from my own experience, though I'm sure I'll find somewhere safe to go.

I find footing and look around, there's a shadow in front of me. I turn around, the elevator is behind me a way away shining its light, my pickaxe still in there.

Where's Di'La? She should be here with me. Maybe she got lost out here or found somewhere to go. But why would she leave me?

I was alone. Silence was everywhere besides the wind. But I think that's better than being yelled at by someone made to hurt you. Since I was alone, all I could do now was get my pickaxe and start going somewhere. So I grabbed my pickaxe and headed the direction the gentle wind blew from into my face.

Seemed to be the best thing to do.