Chapter 14

A/n Okay so I know this is jumping all over the place, please just bear with me. If all goes according to the plan I have set up in my head, then we should be done with the 'Fever Code' part pretty quickly. Especially if I don't procrastinate, haha...By the way, I know I haven't done this yet, but I think it will be an interesting aspect to the story, so I'm gonna have at least one POV switch. Sorry if it get's confusing, let me know if it does and I'll try to fix it, but I'll do my best to make it as clear as possible. 

Newt and I spent most of the night talking. Giggling and laughing like idiots, but we didn't care. Now that we confessed our feelings for each other, there were so many things to talk about. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

**Flash back**

Newt ran his hand through his hair, smiling, his eyes lit up. 

"H-how long have you...I mean, when..." he trailed off, but I knew what he was going to ask. I smiled, looking to the floor.

"I don't know....years"

I timidly looked up into his eyes, biting my lower lip. He shook his head in disbelief. 

"After all this time not knowing...I mean, I sorta starting thinking that you had feelings for Siggy." He looked away, almost embarrassed. I was shocked, me and Siggy? Bleh! No offense to Siggy, but how could I ever like him when there's someone like Newt in my life?

"Newt," I said, he didn't meet my eyes, "Newt, look at me."

He turned to me, I stared into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes wanting to melt into them. "I never liked Siggy and I never will. You are the one I like! No one else." 

I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers, my stomach doing flip-flops and the feeling of his hand in mine sending waves of electricity through my body. I smiled at him.

"Y/n, why are you so bloody beautiful?" He said rubbing his thumb across my knuckles.

**End of flashback**

The rest of the night was like that. Asking questions and restating how much we like each other. At some point we both sat down and watched the sunrise, our hands laced together, my head resting on his shoulder. 

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was back in my own bed. It was still dark, but I could make out the shape of Newt, who must have carried me back. Half asleep, I reached out my hand for him to take it. He did.

"Newt..I like you so much." I said, emotion and honesty dripping from my words. He smiled, but I didn't see it because I was already slipping back into sleep. He lent down, brushing his lips against my knuckles.

"I like you so much too, Y/n"

Giving my hand one last squeeze, he said, "Goodnight, love"

By that time I had already fallen asleep, so he slipped out the door shutting it quietly behind him.

...

The next morning when I woke up, I felt light and happy. I couldn't explain it. All those nights wondering whether he liked me or not, all those times I've gotten jealous..if only I'd known. I still couldn't believe it! It felt like a dream come true! It was a dream come true! But it felt wrong because something like this shouldn't happen in WICKED HQ.

I shook of those thoughts and instead thought about something, or someone else. It felt almost surreal. 

Still daydreaming about Newt, I got ready, taking a shower and putting on a top and jeans. While still brushing my hair, I hear a knock at the door. I set the brush down and walk over, opening the door.