[13] mute | 미담 (1)

requested by: isabelletrainee: lee midam

trainee: lee midam

—%—

the sound of people talking, ducks quacking, dogs barking, and children laughing can be heard today, at the park. the sun shines so bright today, chasing the clouds away from the sky. the sky is very clear, only the sun that can be seen. in this sunny day, people would love to come to this park, just to mess around, to exercise, and do other things. especially today, the park seemed crowded.

a young boy was strolling through the park with his wheelchair, breathing the fresh air and admiring the view at the park. it's been a long time since he got out to the open area.

ever since he woke up from his coma, he had to stay inside the room, staying in bed all day without doing anything.

a small smile appeared once he saw the ducks on the small pond. the little ducks swims following their mother, quacking loudly. he loves the view, it feels comforting.

he stopped by at the edge of the pond, staring blankly at the ducks. his hands slowly reached out to the pallets that he had just brought to feed the ducks, spreading the pallets on the pond, with the ducks gathering around him. he's too busy feeding the ducks, he didn't even realize that his wheelchair starting to move forward on it's own, making him almost fall to the pond, until a young girl screamed, holding onto the wheelchair.

"watch out!" she screamed, her hands reached out to hold his wheelchair, preventing him to fall into the pond.

he was shocked for a while there, his hands holding tightly into his wheelchair.

the girl pushed his wheelchair a little further from the pond, where it's safer. "hey, are you okay?" she asked nicely, making sure.

he couldn't say a word, but his heart beats so fast, because of the shock.

"hello?" the girl waved her hand infront of midam's face.

but he remained quiet.

"at least say thank you?" she said. "i saved your life, you're supposed to—"

"lee midam!"

midam turned his head quickly once he heard his name being called. from the distance, he saw a girl running towards him with a worried face.

she immediately hold midam's cheeks once she reached her. "are you okay?" she asked worriedly, still trying to catch her breath.

"he almost fall into the lake there, tell him to be careful."

eunji turned her head once she heard another voice from behind her. she then immediately bow to the girl infront of her, thanking her for saving midam.

"thank you for saving him!" eunji said, repeatedly bowing to the girl. after bowing, she looked to midam, telling him to say thank you to the girl who had just save his life.