Death Of A Hero

A/N: This one-shot is inspired by the song Death Of A Hero by Alec Benajmin. This is a lot of angst so read with caution and make sure to have some fluff ready to help you afterward

TW: Alcohol Abuse, Suicide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What happened in Germany and Serbia left a big dent in Tony Stark. Pepper and he were still on a break, and not even the energetic smiles of Peter seemed to help cheer in help.

Peters POV

It was a normal day. Then it wasn't. You see I went over to the tower to see dad since we were gonna upgrade my suit, but instead, I came to see him surrounded by alcohol bottles. I shouted at him for drinking, then put him to bed and cleaned up. I worked on my suit alone that night.

I can by the next day to talk to him about what was going on, but it was the same thing. Surrounded by alcohol. I put him to bed again, not bothering with the lecture. I slumped down on the floor, not knowing what to do. I put my earbuds in and let the voice of Alec Benjamin surround me. I fell asleep there, and when I woke up dad was yet to wake up. I left him some water and a granola bar, as well as a note to tell him to stop with the drinking and take a shower.

It's been months now. I still go to the tower every day. It's the same scene every time. A drunk Tony Stark that won't listen to me. He's only gotten worse. I know he hasn't eaten or drank anything but alcohol in awhile. I've tried to take him to people for help, but nothing works. I still love him, no matter what the media says about him being a stupid drunk. My innocence has gone a lot. I feel like I'm watching my mentor die in front of me and I can't do anything. My only escape is music and being Spider-man.

So that's what I did that day. Instead of coming straight to the compound, I swung around for a while and listened to music. My spidey senses were ringing slightly at first, but suddenly they were blasting. They led me to the tower, where I found my father figure lying on the floor of the living room. Dead. Next to him was a bottle of pills and a note. I fell to my knees, crying. I read the note, and pulled Tony's body close, muttering to myself as I sobbed.

(What the note said)

Hey Peter, I'm sorry. But I've lost everything. I was too far gone. You couldn't help me. You couldn't save me. No matter what you would've done. Sorry, I'm not the hero you wanted. I just couldn't handle it. I lost my family in that war. Now they are supposed to come back, but I won't be the same. So what's the point? Sorry kid, but you'll find a better mentor. Bye kid.

3rd Person POV

The Rogues entered the elevator, surprised when Friday didn't greet them or select the floor they were to go to. They had to push the buttons that weren't used because Friday was programmed to take you to your floor. (Tony had disabled Friday so she won't try to call someone.) When the Rogues entered the floor, the last thing they expected was to see a crying kid, clutching Tony's dead body. The Avengers rushed over to the kid, who was still suited up in his Spider-man gear besides his mask. They knelt down next to Peter, who hadn't looked up to acknowledge them. He knew they were there, his spidey senses had warned him and he had heard the gasps when they saw the scene. No one spoke for a moment until Peter mumbled.

"I should have known he would do this if I went out. It's my fault. I should have been here."

Those words made all the Avengers start to cry, even Nat. Steve was the first to speak.

"It's not your fault Spidey. It is no one's fault."

The paramedics were called, but Tony was far gone. They took away the body while Peter cried on the ground. Everyone cried that day, but no one took it as hard as Peter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a month since Tony's death. His suicide had been announced to the world and his funeral had been held. Peter lived with the rest of the Avengers now. (Aunt May died awhile ago, Peter lived with Tony.) He missed him, but everyone helped him. They became his new family. And he became their family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I cried twice well writing this. It's not really good, but I kinda needed to vent and this was the best way to do that healthy. So thanks for reading my garbage!