Chapter 35. - Painting the Town Red

A/N: Did you miss me? ;)

This one is dedicated to belliott2829 ! Thank you for your patience and love for Ash and Gia!

***

"One more round!" I yelled over the thumping music, waving two fingers in front of the bartender's face.

"Here you go, gorgeous." He grinned, the smile lopsided and focused very much on my tits.

I thanked him, grabbed the glasses and handed one to Jesse. "He thinks I'm gorgeous!" I told him with a chuckle, brought on by the many shots of tequila we've already downed.

Jesse rolled his eyes. "He would be blind not to think that! It's all that red hair... Everyone wants to know the secrets you hide behind those flaming locks!"

We giggled as I licked my hand and salted it. "What do you think Ash is doing right now?" I asked, doing my best to sound nonchalant. My head buzzed with that familiar, calming sensation that caused me to be more chatty than usual.

Jesse and I threw the shots back and bit into our own limes. I was still sucking on mine when he shrugged. "How the hell would I know?"

I frowned. "I don't know, I just-"

"Why don't you just ask him?" He questioned, lifting a dark brow at me. "Tell him you miss him. Oh, and send him a picture of you in that outfit!" He chuckled. "That'll make him lose his shit."

Before I could protest, he took my phone and snapped a picture of me. "Jesse!" I gasped as he took another one, zooming in on my cleavage area. My hair partially over my face as I reached for the camera and the picture captured me smiling seductively. "That's actually... Not bad." I admitted when he turned the screen for me to see.

"I'll send it!" He volunteered. Loading up my contacts, I watched as he scrolled through all the people I knew enough to save down their numbers.

"He's under-"

"Asshole!" Jesse burst out laughing, holding my phone to his chest as he tried to regain his breathing. "We gotta drink to that!"

As he turned to the bartender to order another round, I used the distraction to snatch my phone out of his hands. "Ha!" I grinned, feeling smug. "It's a good thing you didn't se-"

"Oh, but I already did." Jesse winked down at me. "And if he wasn't my brother, I would've added a little spicy commentary too. But that'd be too weird."

"That's the weird part?" I murmured, shaking my head.

Jesse slid a full glass in front of me at the same time as my phone buzzed with a message.

Asshole: Are you teasing me, red?

My heart sped up as his words appeared on my screen. I could've practically seen the glint in his impossibly dark eyes.

Me: Why, do you see something you like?

"Here!" Jesse pushed the small glass into my hand. "Quit grinning at your phone like a Cheshire cat for a second and drink with your best friend."

I licked the salt from the back of his hand, threw back the shot, before biting into the lime. "I think I'm starting to go deaf from these!" I yelled over the music.

Jesse leaned closer. "What?!"

"I said-" I paused, noticing his cheeky grin. "Fine, make fun of me if you want!"

He nodded toward my phone. "He's on a roll!"

I glanced down, noticing the multiple messages from the same contact. My heart sped up and my thighs squeezed together as I fantasized about the dirty things Ash was probably saying to me.