Chapter One- The Last Good Day

Dear Diary,

I really don't know where to even start. My physiologist says I should "write my feelings down" so I here I am.

My name's Maddie Ziegler. You probably know me as a kid, from Dance Moms.

Let me catch you up.

Dance Moms was canceled when my perfect life crumbled beneath my size five shoes with just three words.

"You. Have. Cancer"

But it's not me who received this blow. It was my mom, Melissa.

That was last year, ever since then she's been battling stage four brain cancer.

So now we are up to date.

Today I went to the hospital to visit her, she was surprisingly up and about, healthy even.

The doctors say that the tumors haven't metastasized, whatever that means.

Some other relatives came in, all in a blur.

A mix of crying and laughter, bittersweet sorrow filled the room.

And one by one a person left, then another, until it was just me and my mom.

I whispered to her "I love you mom," and began for the door.

"Wait," she croaked.

I walked back to the bed and sat by her feet,

"Yes?"

"Take this," she handed me a crumpled up piece of paper with neatly printed writing on it.

"Read it when you get home."

I nodded swiftly and ran for the door.

Bolting home I clung to the note, whatever it was I wanted to know now.

**30 minutes later**

"Dear Maddie,

I am so proud of you, and I love you so much, but I know now that I am running out of time.

Running out of time to live.

Running out of time to love.

Running out of time to give you this.

It's a list of things I never got to do, because my life was snipped short.

So here it is:

100 things to do for me:

Let's start at number one:

1) Win nationals for me Maddie, I will be your angel, I am always here. Don't worry.

I love you.

Love,

Mom