Chapter 9~ The Lights.

*Yvette's P.O.V.*

That night after we had set up camp I was thinking about where me and Samuel should head toward to start over.

"Hey. Yvette?" Samuel asked.

"Yes?" I replied.

"So... Your plan?"

"The thing about my plan is..." I said.

"Is what?" He asked a bit too quickly.

"Well... I don't exactly have one."

"That's not funny. Don't joke around with me like that."

"I'm not."

"You're telling me that you just decided to run into the forest on your own with no plan?!?!"

"Yes. I know it sounds stupid but, I had good reasons why I should run away."

"A bit stupid?! Yvette that's probably the craziest thing I've ever heard! What could possibly have happened that made you want to run away?"

"I... I was getting married off."

"Oh."

"Yeah. My dad had talked to some guys and was going to marry me off to Phillip."

"Phillip?!?! That guy is like thirty!"

"I know. Also he's really mean and has had at least 3 other wifes."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine... I just wanna know. Why were you there Samuel?"

"Umm... I-I... umm"

"Samuel are you nervous?"

He was blushing like crazy and looked really embarrassed.

"Well, Yvette I was there be-because I wa-wanted to tell y-you something."

He blushed deeper and tried to look me in the eyes. His eyes were beautiful. They were a pale green. I looked at his lips and then darted my eyes back up to his eyes. Now I was blushing. I leaned in and so did he.

A blinding light appeared out of nowhere and the two of us sprang apart instantly. We looked at each other and blushed. Then turned our immediate attention to the light.

It looked like a heavenly fire. I felt drawn to it. I walked towards it. Samuel grabbed my hand and pulled me away from it. I gave him a puzzled look.

"Remember what Allison said? Don't follow the lights."

I still felt oddly drawn to it though and broke away from him. I walked toward the strange light. Samuel called my name and pulled me away from it again. He held me in a warm embrace and I hugged him back. I liked the way he felt.

"Yvette. You have to listen to me. Don't follow the lights!"

"Don't listen to him Yvette." A voice called out from the light.

"No Yvette! Don't follow the light!" Samuel yelled.

I couldn't help it. I walked towards the light.

"That's right Yvette. Come here. I'll make all your dreams come true." The light said in a soothing voice.

Three more lights appeared in the forest. Each of them called for me to follow them. They started to argue. I felt confused. Which one should I follow? Samuel grabbed me and carried me away back to the campsite. I guess I wasn't going to follow any of them.

____________________________________________________
Sup it's Sophie the author. Just wanted to say hi. Hope u like my story if not that's cool.