Chapter 3~ Companionship

This is a double update bc I had an awesome idea to add a new character. Your going to love her! Crap I've already given away too much

____________________________________________________

I had grabbed his hand in as tight a grip I could get and ran into the forest. I never looked back, and never knew where I was going. All I did was run. I ran until I couldn't feel my feet anymore, I ran until I was wheezing and out of breath. I ran until I collapsed.

When I woke up there was drool on my face, my hair was a mess and I was covered in sweat. Samuel wasn't in sight and I began to panic. I hoped he wasn't dead or lost because of me.

"SAMUEL!" I called out.

There was no reply.

"SAMUEL!" I called again.

Still no reply, I decided to call one more time. I licked my lips and called out,

"SAMUEL! SAMUEL, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Yvette, I'm here. I'm right here." Samuel said as he appeared.

I got up and ran over to him, flinging my arms around him.

I looked up though my lashes at him and said

"Don't ever do that again. I was scared I'd lost you."

Then I frowned and pulled away from him. I sat down, crossed my arms and looked up at him still wearing my frown. He laughed at me and I just turned away from him.

"Hey. It's OK. I just went out to get some fire wood and some food. I thought you could use the rest and I didn't think I would be gone long." He said.

I turned around to face him and stood up.

"Next time wake me up before you go and tell me where you're going."

"Ok. Yvette next time I will."

"No. That's not good enough. Promise that you won't leave me alone again."

"I promise you that I won't leave you alone again."

"That's better. Now tell me, what did find for us to eat?"

"I found some roots and berries, it's not much but it'll do. I think there is a stream nearby we can clean up and try to catch fish there."

"Thank you for finding food. I just want to ask, how do you suppose we catch fish without a line?"

"We make a spear." He replied confidently.

"Do you know how to make a spear?"

"My dad was a carpenter. He taught me a few things."

"Then go ahead and make a spear."

"I will."

Samuel grabbed the longest stick in the pile he had and started to sharpen it with a rock he found nearby.

I had started to eat some berries. They were a bit sour but, I didn't mind. I had eaten a couple then decided to let Samuel have the rest. I was about to try a root when I noticed that I smelled much like manure.

"Hey Samuel, can you show me that stream?" I asked.

"Sure. Do you want me to finish the spear first?."

"No. I just want to go clean up."

"Ok. I'll show you."

We headed off to the stream. Not knowing of who we would meet next...