Chapter 2

Jillian's POV

I was with Clare and was helping her lay the table and with everything. After we finished our work we sat down to our seats and we were waiting for our special guests to come.

"We did a great job. Thank you for your help Jillian! You're a very good friend."  -She said

"You know that I help you gladly. You don't have to thank me."  -I said while smiling at her.

"I hope the children will enjoy themselves."

"You know, Clare you don't have to worry about it. I'm sure they will. They love you and you also love them and that's the most important to them...not the thing how many food is here or that if everything looks like in a party of the King."

"I know. But I want to make their days special.  In this poverty they don't have the chance to live a normal life. It's so sad."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."  -I told her with a sad expression. 

"But you're like a hero for them."  -She told me and this sentence made me laugh.

"Why would I be???"  -I asked her still laughing.

"Because you're strong. Everybody knows your story Jillian. How your family was assasinated by the orders of the King, how you lost your best friend and how you had to escape from your homeplace."  -She looked away when she said this. I knew she didn't want to snatch off my scars but she did. I didn't reply to her. I was lost in my thoughts again. My mind was on the happenings of my past. But I knew I had to keep my head hold up and smile.

"Look Jillian. I didn't mean to...."  -I cut off her sentence

"I know Clare. And you didn't."  -I smiled

"I'm glad. Now I have to go and change my clothes. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"OK. Just go."  -And she went into her house. I was alone with my thoughts again. A hero?? Of course...impossible. If only they knew how weak I am on the inside.

"Jillian! I'm back." 

"Oh, Clare! You were fast."  -I looked at her. She looked so elegant like always. She was always wearing beautiful dresses. This time it was a red one and she was wearing high-heels. I didn't know how colud she walk in those shoes. Her blonde hair now was in a ponytail. It suited her well. It was not a surprise that John liked her. John was a rich nobleman who lived isolated from every villages, but his estate was near Hartridge, so he always came into the village and that's how he met Clare. It was love at first sight from both of them. I hope they will get married soon. They make a cute couple.

"JILLIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  -I heard voices from behind me. 

"They are here. The children."  -I looked at Clare and told her.

"Yeah. They're in a good mood."  -She smiled.

"Like always."

"JILLIAN!!! CLARE!!!!! WE'RE HERE"  -They shouted and they ran towards us.

"Can you stay a little Jillian??"  -Clare asked

"Of course. I won't go anywhere."  -I told her smiling.

"Jillian!"

"Guys, you're finally here. We thought you wouldn't come."  -Clare told the children

"We're sorry we're late."  -Told Emily. She was an amazing young girl and she looked up at Clare very much."

"It's ok."  -I told them.

"Now that everybody's here we should eat."  -Clare led the way to the tables.