~17~

yosano x ranpo warning

Ranpo's P.O.V

I walked outside. Freaking Dazai...

How could she be in love with such an ass? He's weird, annoying, and a lazy bum. My feet kept running underneath the grass prepared to go for a long search to find the princess. But my search was not long when I reached the bridge.

Right then and there I heard a small hiccup. I threw my head back and my gut was telling me that the sound was coming from the back of the cottage. But only one way to find out. I ran back over to our shared little house. In the back of our cottage, we had a hanger to dry our clothes. The scenery was filled with trees and hills meeting little creatures every once in a while. Or maybe the face of the raccoon of my old friend.

I heard a sniffle. Followed by another hiccup. That sounds like a crying princess to me. I walked silently over to the back of the wooden house trying my best to not make the princess feel worse. Of course, I was filled with a strange feeling inside. My face felt warm and my head was spiraling with questions.

What is she doesn't want to talk? What would I do then? I don't want to pressure her. What if she gets mad at me. But my thoughts were cut to an end when the same velvety voice called to me.

"Ranpo?"

I jumped in surprise. A pair of gorgeous teary violet eyes were looking directly at me. The princess was hugging her legs and her hair was sticking on her face from what I suspect was the tears. Even in such a state, she looked stunning.

I chuckled.

"Heh...yeah. It's me."

She smiled in return. A small little smile. Just the very edges of her lips moved upwards. Then there was the dreaded silence.

"How are you feeling?"

I ask walking a little closer to the princess. She used the sleeves of her white blouse to wipe away her tear-stained face. Her cheeks and underneath her eyes were red and swollen.

"I'm okay."

"Not the 'I'm fine' lie."

I say slumping my shoulders.

"You're not fine. Ya wanna talk?"

She brusher her hands across her arms and bit her lower lip. Her legs were folded to the side and her eyes were nervously looking at me.

"It's okay if you don't. I won't pressure you."

I tucked my hands into my pockets and rolled my back against the cottage walls ready to head back in. But then the woman's voice called me over again.

"No Ranpo. Stay. It really would be nice to have someone to talk to."

I felt a spark of excitement light up in my chest. But of course, I had to keep it chill with Yosano. I must be a good man. Help her with her....uh....love problems. Yes.

I walked over to Yosano and plopped down right next to her. I was just inches away from her.

"So...how are you feeling right now?"

Yosano let out a slight whimper.

"After crying my eyes out for the last hour...I...feel a little better."

Yosano's face was now flushed with a warm pink all over her cheeks and nose as she showed Ranpo the most adorable smile in the universe. She squeezed her eyes shut. Her beautiful red lips were formed in a gentle smile that lifted her cheeks. Her face now flushed with color. To think that this woman was just crying moments ago.

But that little fire in Ranpo's heart felt like it burnt a little brighter...

He smiled.

"I'm glad."

A/N: very short chapter. It isn't soukoku. But this is another ship that I...ship.