~39~

"HES GONE!"

"GET AS MANY PEOPLE TO SEARCH FOR HIM!"

"When did you notice he was gone?"

"Just now, my Princess. He wasn't in the room. But I made sure that every part of the Castle was searched. He isn't here."

"Damnit........Chuuya"

~

Dazai' s P.O.V

"Then....what am I?"

Her hands still cupped gently on my face.

"You're my son...Shuji."

I backed away.

"My name is not Shuji. No."

I walked out of her grasp and turned around.

"Why did you change your name."

I let out a sigh. Remembering probably one of the devastating moments of my life. It happened twelve years ago. The last day of my mother's life.

"I don't want to tell you."

"Shu-"

"Please. Just respect that. Will you?"

She pressed her lips together. I wondered if the thoughts of the past were flooding back into her mind. Ever since I was born. My mother was heavily accused of a prostitute. An unfaithful wife. An unworthy queen. When my mother was alive she had platinum blonde hair and a pair of beautiful light coloured eyes that reflected the sky.

My father Gen'emon Tsushima. A man with eyes the colour of emeralds and dirty blonde hair.
Yet their child had dark eyes and hair. People were suspicious that my mother had an affair. My father wasn't swayed by the rumors that were spreading.

But people couldn't stop talking. It started to bother my mother. She rarely presented herself in front of crowds and spent a lot of time with me alone in private. My former uncle. Mori Ogai was the best at interrogating my mother about the rumors and making her feel uncomfortable and insecure.

I spotted them having many private chats with each other. My mother would always come out of the rooms after every conversation with tears in her eyes. Or a puzzled look imprinted on her face for the rest of the day.

But after my father passed during a war. My young mind was confused when my mother had chosen to remarry to my uncle. The one who seemed to make her so upset.

There was a strange aura that seemed to settle on the palace when my uncle became the next king. He didn't mistreat me when I was younger....or so I believed.

Then the day of my 10th birthday...

"Shuji?"

I looked up at the woman who was staring intently at me with her bright eyes.

"Is everything ok?" 

"hm...ya. I'm just spacing out..."