~44~

Dazai's P.O.V

A/N: Aha, this whole makes little to no sense. I forgot all the lore and I'm just fucking around now. Idk, just. Throw logic out the window-

"And that's how I met your father."

The beautiful woman who claimed to be my mother sat in front of me telling me about a love story that I could care less about.

My biological father never mistreated me or anything. But I just don't remember him. He spends too much time outside of our castle and I spent too much time in one room of it.

"How about you, Dazai?"

The velvet-like voice called out of me.

"Me?"

The woman nodded slightly letting her hand slide on my cheek.

"You're so young and charming. I'm sure there has to a be a princess who's snatched you up already."

I looked back at her my fingers intertwining in my lap as I began to ponder whether I should tell her about Chuuya or not.

But I did regardless.

~

"She sounds lovely!"

The woman clasped her hands together and I talked about the angry chihuahua like man that I was in love with. Even though I can't be near him.

I must have unknowingly mumbled something out cause the woman claiming to be my mother instantly cocked her head to the side and batted her lashes.

"Can't...be...near?"

I hesitated a moment before letting my eyes glimpse over at the ethereal woman. Her shawl held tightly in her palms as they pressed against her chest, leaning forward.

All the troubles building up recently and running away from Chuuya and all my personal
Problems. Thinking that this way I have a chance of protecting him, even if I had to hurt him in the process.

I eventually told the woman the conflict that had happened between me and the red-haired man as she listened attentively.

A puzzled look appeared on her face.

"This is why you must die, Dazai, you're a destructive spirit. Your very existence is meddling with the work for all the other spirits. Unlike us, you have a helpful purpose. You only destroy the rest of us. You're like a parasite."

"I didn't ask to become this."

I mumbled under my breath. Pouting over it like some child.

The woman had a bittersweet expression on her face.

"You must suffer, Dazai. Either you die or someone you truly love will, in order to take this curse away from you. Living in the pain, regret and loss."