making me happy

hello! I'm back again!

the song embedded into this chapter is called: sunshine lollipops and rainbows
it's another oldie but it's also another goodie by Lesley Gore and it was released in 1963. You can view it either at the top of your screen or online!

for this chapter, I encourage you to listen to the song beforehand, and votes, comments, and requests are always welcome!

thank you, and enjoy the story,
  crumblesofbran
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you had told Tom 5 years ago that he would have fallen in love with a girl that would make him the happiest man in the world, he wouldn't have believed you. but now, after a whole two years of dating Zendaya, he was more sunshiney and happy-go-lucky (as his family would say) than ever before. And Zendaya had quite a bit to do with it.

Flashback One: The Dog

"TESSA!"

Tom jumped when he heard a high-pitched squeal followed by several giggles as the door unlocked for the first time that morning. Five minutes later, Zendaya walked in with Tessa at her heels, pulling a chew toy with all her might.

"Hey, baby! I see Tess has already greeted you. I swear, she likes you better than me." Tom fake pouted.

Zendaya bent over the couch Tom was sitting in to give him a kiss on his cheek and then laughed again. She set her keys on the table and threw Tessa's chew toy across the room.

"She only likes me better right now because I've been at your house more then you have, feeding her and all that."

She walked over and flounced into the cushion beside him. Tom had been working hard on a new movie all month and had asked Zendaya to stay with Tessa since she had been in the area. Obviously, Zendaya had agreed.

"Plus, Noon likes you better, so you can't even pout right now. Yeah, I see your lips."

She leaned over and lightly pecked them, then laid her head on Tom's chest.

"Noon likes every-one better than you."

Zendaya playfully punched him, as Tessa scampered back with her toy.

"Yeah? Tell me why when you come home to my apartment she's jumping up on you, and then when anyone else or I come home she's all chill."

Tom was silent. Zendaya patted his head and then stood up.

"That's what I thought. I'll be right back. C'mere Tess! Good girl, who's a good girl."

Tom turned around to lean his arm on the back of the couch and watched his girlfriend joyfully prance around with his other favorite girl prancing right around with her. He smiled. She was adorable. 

Flashback One: Ended

She was his light and it helped that his dog one hundred percent was entranced by her. As was anyone, including him. He remembered one specific time, in particular, that was special to him because she was so carefree at that moment, with him, than anywhere else.

Flashback Two: Dancing

 "C'mon babe, please come dance with me."

They were sitting in Zendaya's living room, listening to her radio blast a series of music that sounded like it was an early era of music. The sound was scratchy and with every jump, it skipped a beat, but Zendaya was still smiling and laughing.

"I don't dance."

He smiled.

"I know you do, I literally have visual proof, hold on."

She scrolled through her phone to find the video they had recorded dancing to one of the other songs in her playlist. She held it up to him and he looked at it wistfully. She pulled his arms as if wanting him to get up. Oh wait, that's exactly what she wanted him to do. 

"Fine, I'll dance but only for you, Z, only for you." 

And there they were, on the hardwood floors, dancing to a song from eras before and it felt insanely right. Tom watched as his girlfriend twirled herself around like a ballerina, feeling completely undeserving of this girl who had stolen his breath away the first time he met her. And for the first time in a long time, he felt good. 

Zendaya had started to pull him around with her and had also turned up the music. He relaxed and pulled her into him, swaying around and laughing, laughing like he never had before. He picked her up and she screamed in a light-hearted way and they twirled and danced well into the afternoon, Zendaya holding on to Tom's neck and Tom carrying her, they were kids for a day and Tom was grateful for a day without the press, without the stress, and with his girl. 

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together
Brighter than a lucky penny
When you're near the rain just disappears, dear
And I feel so fine
Just to know that you are mine

Flashback 2: Ended

That song, in particular, meant so much to him now. But that wasn't even his favorite memory of her. His favorite involved two pillows and a hotel room in Los Angeles. 

Flashback 3: The Pillow Fight

If you were to walk past Room 323 of the Los Angeles Country Inn and Suites at 10:30 P.M on Friday night, you wouldn't have heard a thing louder than a random, once-in-a-while "eep" and that could always be played off as a mouse. But inside a battle was raging. A battle where the only weapons were two feather pillows and a whole lot of flirting. 

"Thomas, I swear if you don't put that pillow down right now, I will come out from under here and slam you on the head and it will hurt because I'm taller then you."

Zendaya was currently cowering under the bed's only comforter with a surprising amount of space left, with her head barely peeking out. She had no idea where Tom was but she assumed he was behind her. She knew he had a pillow out to smack her and she would be ready. 

Right next to her, in the only place where Zendaya couldn't see, Tom was smirking and very quietly tiptoeing towards the opening in the cover. 

"That does not make any sense, Z. Now just come out here or I'm gonna have to make you. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.."

Zendaya felt the bed flatten as Tom crawled over her cave of safety. He was right next to her, she felt it. She braced for impact, but it never came. She popped her head out and 

BAM! 

A soft pillow hit her head. Then strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her only weapon out from her hands. 

He kissed her neck while holding her and then said huskily in a very British accent:

"I. Win."

Zendaya fake pouted and then turned around and kissed him on the cheek. 

"Fine, you win Tom. Now kiss me."

"Kiss me what?"

"Kiss me, please."

Tom smiled as he kissed Zendaya.

As they both got into bed that night, they fluffed the pillows. 

If you were the cleaning lady the next day, there wouldn't have been any evidence of a so-called "pillow fight" that had happened. 

The only people who knew about it had just checked out.  

Flashback Three: Ended