Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes. Ugh. Caleb stared at the putrid smelling meat between the two doughy slices of bread. Sloppy Joes every friggin' day.

A disgusting example of a Sloppy Joe ☝🏻

"Hey, are you there?" Sierra asked, tapping him on the head with her spoon. Caleb rolled his eyes and stared at the petite blonde girl.

Sierra had stolen from Sephora. No biggie. She was only sentenced to like, three weeks. But Caleb on the other hand, had been in juvie since he was fourteen. And, he is now eighteen.

Caleb was really lucky that he only had a four year sentence, because he was an adult now, and he would've been transferred to the local jail.

Sierra giggled and took a bite out of her Sloppy Joe. 'Nasty' Caleb thought as the runny mystery meat dripped down her chin. She quickly caught the spill with a paper napkin, and suddenly got a devilish glint in her big, brown eyes.

Out of nowhere, Sierra flung a handful of the runny meat at him. He cursed at her as he tried to wipe the stains from his orange jumpsuit, already cooking up a plan. One of the guards, an especially bratty young man, had rushed over and swished Sierra out of the room. While being pulled out, she grinned at Caleb and mouthed "Worth it."

After lunch, Caleb finished up his chores and sat on his bunk for a minute, trying to calm down his wild, black hair. He cringed in the mirror at his messy hair, stained jumpsuit, and spotty face. Gross.

He ran some of the cruddy tap water, and used a paper towel to wash his hair and face in the best possible way. He was wondering if dish soap could remove stains when someone hurried into his cell, grabbed his arm, and yanked him out.