ii.

Joji had left for tour again.

You stayed in your bed and watched all the instagram stories from fans who were getting hyped up at his concert. You saw Brian on stage with him and they were just going insane.

All of you were bestfriends. Funny enough, you didn't make music. You were only good at studying and managed to make it to Columbia University that's just nearby brooklyn. You met Joji while living in the same building as him while he was filming all those crazy videos. Both of you got along easily and became really close friends.

While he moved on to 88rising to become the next biggest star, you also made it to one of the ivy league universities.

Yet, you hated it.

You hated how your lives are so different. Different social groups, different schedules. >i>>puyHe was living his best life while you're stuck here with your papers to write.

He always texted you while he was on tour. Letting you know about his show and that he is fine. Always checking up on you to make sure studies weren't too difficult, except he stopped doing this halfway through it.

You knew exactly why. You saw all the instagram stories and posts about this girl you never knew who but it seems all his friends did. It was painful to see that. All the speculations by fans on reddit and twitter. All the news articles you had to read.

You tried to ignore the tugging feeling at your heart and continue to studied for your upcoming exams.

Yet, your hands always reached out to your phone to see if you Joji posted something and this time, it broke your heart.

It was an Instagram story where the said girl took a video of herself with Joji sleeping beside her and the caption "#hacked".

You locked your phone and tried to focus on your studies but it was blowing up with fans trying to DM your private Instagram account to ask about him, so you turned it off.

It felt weird. You wanted to cry but you couldn't. It was just too painful but you have a paper tomorrow and this was the last thing you wanted to focus on.

**

Your paper went smoothly as usual and the DMs eventually stopped when Joji deleted the video almost 2 hours later. You knew that he hated it when girls he was dating tried to flaunt their relationship. He always kept it lowkey so fans wouldn't know about it.

Your thoughts were interrupted with a familiar "Hey Y/N!"

You turned around to see Charles. He was the school genius who had maintained his perfect for the past 1 year and almost everyone in faculty knew him.

"Oh.. Hey.."

It was rude for you to sound so cold but he was always too intimidating to talk to. He was your ideal type. The smart and caring intellect who still had a heart even though his IQ was high. He was too good to be true.

"Exams are all over, do you want to go grab some dessert with me?"

To say you were shocked was an understatement. The dude that everyone admired and loved was asking you to hang out with him? You couldn't believe your ears and decided to ask "What?"

"There's a waffle place nearby and I've always wanted to try it. Do you wanna come?" He asked excitedly and of course, you couldn't reject him. You nodded lightly and he beamed at you before leading the way.

**

"Wow, this looks good."

He smiled as if he was trying to say 'told you.' and you couldn't help but smile back. Both of you had always gotten along well. Maybe it's cause both of you were similar in frequency since all you two do in college is study, study and study.