vii.

this is more of a friendship fic between u, brian and joji than a love one but i mean there's slight mentions of u and joji?? hahaha and its slightly angsty?

**

People aren't meant to be there for you forever and that's why I've never liked to rely on people too much.

I stood among the crowd waiting for the appearances of their favourite artists and I am starting to regret this decision of coming to the festival you guys will be performing at. My friends had somehow persuaded me to do so and I wished I've had been more firm and told them no.

It's been so long since we all last met and our last text message was at least half a year ago. We all drifted and I don't know if you two made a conscious decision to do so but it hurt me so badly.

"Just ignore the fact that they are here and be happy that you'll get to watch Ariana Grande live!"

That was basically the only reason why I was willing to even attend this in the first place. I never wanted to meet you guys again because it hurts me everytime. It always felt as if I was abandoned by the both of you.

The festival soon started and I started feeling myself with the different artists.

"Next up, 88rising!"

My heart sank hearing that but by then, I have had enough alcohol to fake a pretense.

The two of you looked so good on stage and it immediately reminded me of all the times we used to spent together. I would wait for both of you backstage. I would be at every concert watching the two of you perform, but fame happened.

They say fame and money change people and I wonder if that's what happened with the both of you. All the parties I attended with you guys while not knowing anyone. All the stupid groupies who was together with me while waiting for you two to be done with your concert.

All the times the two of you ignored me to bring another girl home. The times I started feeling alone while in a room filled with people I don't know and people I loved dearly. I started disappearing without informing either of you. There were text messages at first but they slowed down. They eventually never even came.

I still see the two of you everywhere. On the news. On my social media. Both of you were gaining more fame as time passed and I knew that this was how it was meant to be. We never matched or rather, I never matched with the two of you. We were meant to be different types of people and I didn't realize that it would take such a harsh ending to make me realize that.

The two of you jumped off the front of the stage to interact with your fans and I was unlucky. Both of you jumped over straight towards me and I didn't have the time to hide myself. I locked eyes with both of you and Joji stopped his singing for a bit before continuing to do so. Nobody else knows what happened but the three of us did. It was awkward as hell.

I cringed internally and pretended that everything was fine. I didn't need my friends to worry about me again so I pretended to be okay when I wasn't. I was breaking apart. All the memories of us flashed by my eyes as I locked eyes with the two of you.

Right after Ariana Grande's set, I excused myself and left to the washroom. Too much was going on in my head. I had decided to leave to go back home first when I received a text.

George: Hey, we didn't expect to see you.. Do you have some time to hang before we leave town?

I honestly did not expect a text from either of them after all these while but was pleasantly surprised to hear from you two. It's been long.

Y/N: Ok, sure.

Short and sweet. Maybe it was just me being a petty bitch but I had always been like this. I've always hated showing emotions because it always felt like the moment I did, I would lose those dearest to me. I hated relying on others because they could leave me so easily.