Six Months

TRIGGER WARNING

It's been six months.

Six months since Sam's world fell apart. Six months since his brother killed himself. Six months since the fighting between his parents began. Six months since he learned how to make himself feel again. The pencil thin lines are scattered across his body. His thighs are a battlefield. He can barely make it through the school day without wanting to join his brother. Why did he have to go?

Six months since he lost his oldest son. Six months since his youngest started drifting away from him. Six months since his wife told him it was his fault. Work with Bobby is the only thing that keeps him going. Bobby has started to tell him more about his son's death. About why Alistair's eyes would turn black some times. Who knew demons were real.

Six months since she lost her oldest. Six months since she found her son dead in the bathroom. Six months since the fight that had nearly ended it all with her husband. Six months since she last felt ok. Six months since her world ended. How could she take care of Sammy when she could barely take care of herself? She knew the demons would find her eventually. How naive she was, thinking she could outrun them. The fire that had almost taken him away wasn't the end.

His name cut their hearts when they thought it. It cut when someone would say it. They had taken all of his photos down, it hurt to much to see him. Why did he have to go?