[CLOSED] Dark Magic Madness

Prompt

Prompt

Far, far, away, in a lost city where the night never ends and the clocks run backwards, magic breeds mayhem and wonder. There are rumors that within the walls of the city, the undead and the living have coexisted in perfect harmony for a hundred years but is there such a thing as this apparently perfect union between the living and the dead? When dark magic runs amok and the undead suddenly become vicious, it is up to you to restore the balance.

In 3000 words or less, write a story detailing how your characters restore the balance between the undead and the living in the lost city.

A Few Thought-Starters

- What is it like being in a city where the living and the undead coexist?

- How does magic work in the city?

- What's the relevance of the clocks, or time in general, in your story?

Submission Guidelines

1. Your story must feature magical zombies and make use of or be inspired by the prompt.

2. Only stories written in English will be eligible.

3. All genres are accepted including fanfiction.

4. The maximum word count is 3000 words.

5. The submission period runs from 8th July to 7th August, 2019 23:59 EST.

6. Mature content is not allowed.

7. Your story should be a standalone and not part of an existing collection of short stories.

8. To submit your story, post your story title and link in the comments section.

Optional 

1. Tag your story with #magicmadness or #voodoozombies.

2. Show your love and support by checking out the stories of your fellow participants!

Prizes

1. All stories written well will be added to our Voodoo Hoodoo reading list.

2. The winner(s) will receive a gorgeous sticker for their book cover. 

3. All winning stories will receive a shoutout to over 4.5K followers.

Now, start writing!