0000

October 9th, 2038
AM 04:03:09

"If you kill me, you will be no better than them!"

They didn't seem to listen. The three androids were meters away from me, all facing each other, entangled in a furious exchange of words.

"If you could just listen to me..." I begged.

A minute later they broke the circle and faced me, one of them walked forward; he was blond, with fair skin and blue eyes. I heard them call him Simon.

"Fine." He said with a skeptical look on his face. "We will listen, so start talking."

Right beside him, I saw how the redheaded android rolled her eyes, crossed arms in front of her chest. I took a deep breath, as deep as the ropes around my chest allowed me to, and started talking.

____________________________

October 9th, 2038
AM 03:24:04

"Are you sure it is here?"

"100% sure. It is here." The android said matter-of-factly, as he looked at me over his shoulder. "We just need to find a way in."

We were standing in front of a ship, big, old and rusty, blue paint chipping away from its hull. The name 'JERICHO' was written on white lettering on its side. I walked forward rather carefully, trying to make out how on earth was that ship not sinking. It had to be either magic, or very good engineering.

I looked everywhere searching for a way in, but my human eyes were no match for Ethan's android ones. He quickly found the best route, a crane to our left, and helped me climb along with him. His hand pressed slightly against the small of my back, indicating me to move forward, to walk on the jib that extended in front of us.

"Ethan, wait." I muttered. My entire body was paralyzed, not only because of my fear of heights, but because of what I was about to get myself into. "They won't want me there."

He turned me around gently, and in his eyes I could see the sympathetic look of pity. He took my hands in his's and squeezed them.

"I am sure they will welcome you once they listen to the reasons that brought you here, and realize you are on our side."

"But... I am human, and that is all they will see. And I don't blame them."

"You know you have no other option." He said, shaking his head ever so slightly, as he bit his lower lip, something he often did when things were out of his control.

I turned around, my stomach knotted on itself in nervousness, and started moving forward. I could feel Ethan's hand resting on my shoulder, reassuring me, helping me not to think on the fall.

I reached the jib's end, leaning forward to catch a glimpse of what was waiting beneath us, my entire body shaking. A black pitch, a squared hole in the ship's deck, but I couldn't see what was in it.

"The only way in, is down." He stated, squeezing my shoulder.

"It's too high, and I don't know what's down there." I said, trying not to let the totality of my fear sprout to the surface.

"Take it as a leap of faith. I promise we will be okay."

I didn't have time to answer, or think of anything I could answer. He moved quickly, one of his hands protected my head, the other wrapped tightly around my waist, and before I could complain; he jumped.

Time passed like in slow motion. My eyes were shut, vertigo taking control of the senses that I had left. My heart pumped rapidly inside my chest, a rush of adrenaline was shot in my blood stream, making the overwhelming experience a little more bearable. A warm feeling washed over my limbs before we crashed head first into a pool of icy water.