5: date

She looks down at the menu, hands fiddling with one another as she reads it over and over again

She looks down at the menu, hands fiddling with one another as she reads it over and over again. Her chipped pink nails end up flicking the corners of it, a combination of nerves and uncertainty, both because she had no idea what this dinner was, if it was some sort of date or something way too casual for that. It seemed casual for she changed into her work clothes, placing them in her purse as she now wore a pair of jeggings with an unflattering maternity shirt. She didn't think it was necessary to dress nice and hoped it wasn't like that. The restaurant wasn't fancy, it wasn't a dingy fast food place either, just a simple restaurant that people come to for a nice little meal. Her nose filled with a mixture of strong spices and different meals that passed table making her mouth water a little. She was glad the food in the menu wasn't expensive, he probably chose it based off of how she had reacted yesterday. After some time she saw that she may have overreacted, but the last thing she wanted was to feel like she was leaning on someone or someone's charity case of some sort. She felt indebted to him, despite him paying for her stuff is nothing compared to her saving his life. But, she didn't like owing stuff to people, even if she asked to borrow stuff she made sure to pay the person back. There was a reason she was like that, and it explains why she had reacted as such yesterday. She planned on paying him back and leaving at that. It also bothered her how he could spend that much on her, a stranger, and not flinch. She would spend her night thinking of the different careers this guy has that could give him a lot of money, even though he doesn't dress up as a rich man. From her encounters of him he would usually be wearing a simple outfit of jeans and an oversized shirt or sweater that swallowed him. Her times of reading novels from classics to the most inappropriate stories of the darkest themes was slightly convinced he was some Christian Grey type character. She didn't think so when the said man enters the restaurant, rushing up to their table, apologizing for his lateness. Her belief that he was some dark business man with secret fetishes change when he takes off his jacket to reveal a soft pink sweater, the light washed ripped jeans, and a pair of white sneakers with little doodles on the soles.

"Sorry I'm late" he lets out as he takes a seat across from her.

"Relax, you're not even late, I'm just early." With that she takes an envelope out and slides it across to him.

"Here" she falls back into her seat with a cross of her arms. Jin gives her a lost expression before his eyes look down to the envelope.

"What is this?"

"The money I'm paying you back. It's not all of it but—"

"And you asked if I'm crazy?!" His voice slightly raises before his plump lips form into an 'o' of complete astonishment at the woman.

"How can you carry this much cash around?!" He grabs her hand and places it back in it.

"Hey!" She throws the envelope back at him. He was quick to grab it before it could fly off the table from the way she was flinging it around. His hands slam on it pinning it to the table, the salt and pepper shakers clink against one another from their frantic movements. She glowers at him, "this is why I didn't want to bring any attention to me saving your life. Now you're doing these things like spending large amounts of money on me as some way to pay me back, but I don't want you to. So here, I'm paying you back so I don't have to owe you." She goes to get up when his next words keep her seated.