Chapter Twenty One

Dawn broke, illuminating the sky in warm colors. The cool air turned humid, sun blaring. Animals awoke from sleep, flowers re-blooming.
Beth hadn't slept one bit. She watched as the night turned into morning. She felt the temperature change, and the sky switching colors.
Her heavy eyelids made it hard to keep them open, but no matter what, her mind couldn't sleep. Abraham said that Daryl had handed the guns off to him, then went to help Eugene. However noble that was, Beth did not see it that way. She thought he was stupid. So Stupid. Her emotions were a mix of anger, worry, and guilt.
Anger for him leaving.
Worry that he might be dead.
Guilt that she might have caused it.
Beth had to put her hands over her ears tightly to stop thinking. All of these thoughts made her head hurt. Maggie consoled her thought out the night, but nothing worked. The smaller group had stopped in a small shed deep in the forest. They were all packed tightly in the shed, which didn't help the now humid air. Beth felt the overwhelming urge to scream, she knew she was going crazy. A couple tears dropped from her blue eyes, joining the drops of sweat on her face.

They were finally working. Beth and Daryl were finally perfect. And then he was ripped away from her in an instant. Beth longed for his arms. She longed to look into his eyes again, to see the love that he couldn't say out loud. 
But now, all that was gone.

Though out the day, Maggie checked on Beth, giving her small encouragements. Eventually, Beth moved from her bed and out into the forest. She walked a long way and found herself in an open field.
Beth laid down in the grass, not worried about walkers. All she could think about was Daryl. Her whole soul was consumed by him. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed something red. Beth turned her head slowly, staring directly at a patch of tulips. The flowers that Daryl had once left at her door. Hope filled inside of her. This was a sign; that Daryl was alive.