Chapter Thirteen

Days had passed before the group finally found a safe place. They wandered into a small town that they never been before, and found a small apartment building. Over the course of a week, the small building was cleared out and each room could fit three people. Beth was placed with Sasha and Michonne because Rick thought it was inappropriate for Beth to be with Maggie and Glenn. His exact words were: "the two should have some quality time alone"
Beth didn't bother asking about being with Daryl, that would have sounded weird. She saw him get paired up with Bob and Abraham, which didn't seem like a good idea to her. Beth walked around her very small apartment as Sasha and Michonne were outside. The apartment had a small bed with two pull out couches. The three took shifts on who got to sleep on the actual bed and not on springs.
In the corner held a wooden desk with a small chair on wheels. Beth skimmed her fingers along the desk, picking up dust. She stuck her tongue out in disgust, then took her jacket sleeve and rubbed off the dust. Grabbing some paper and a pen she found along the way, she sat down and began writing again.

Maybe things can't ever be the way they are suppose to, but you move on some how.
I miss my daddy everyday, but I figured out that I got to keep pushing.
Hope is something I live on.

Before Beth could write anymore, the tears fell from her eyes and onto the paper. She knew that looking forward was the only thing that could keep her from giving up, and that was something she couldn't do. Beth dried her tears before her emotions could progress, gathering herself, then joining the others outside.

Some people were starting a fire, and others were securing the small parking lot of the building. Beth helped start the fire then pulled around some chairs and anything she could find for people to sit on. Everyone eventually gathered around, and Rick started a meeting.
"Tonight will be a night where we can relax and finally catch our breaths" A sigh of relief from the group made him smile.
"I'm glad to be here with all of you"

Beth started to sing and others joined in with her. Across the fire, Daryl sat with a small smile on his face. Their eyes met across some sparks that seemed to symbolize the look they gave each other. Full of sparks and heat.
A smile spread across Beth's face, and it was like she was singing right at him. She knew that maybe it was impossible to be with Daryl, and maybe no one would approve. But Beth also knew, in that moment, she was in love with Daryl Dixon. And nothing, or no one, could change that.

After a long night of the group laughing and enjoying each others company, they eventually split ways and went into their own apartments. As Daryl passed Beth while walking away, his hand casually skimmed her arm.
Beth could feel her cheeks getting warm as she scurried away into her apartment. 

It was Michonne's turn to sleep on the bed, so Beth pulled out one of the couches and laid down. Her body cringed as the springs dug into her back, and the air in the room was so hot she could melt. After the two were asleep, she carefully got off her couch. The springs clashed together, but it was not enough noise to wake Sasha or Michonne up. Beth exited the apartment and took in the cool air from outside.
She wanted to visit Daryl, but knew she couldn't exactly knock on his door.
Beth looked up at the sky and took it all in. The stars were twinkling fiercely and the moon felt like it was in arms reach.

"Perfect, right?" Daryl spoke from behind her. Beth turned around quickly, her blue eyes peering out to the person in front of her. 
"Yeah, kind of too perfect" She shrugged then inched closer to him so she could see his face in the dark. "What are you doing awake?" She asked, genuinely curious. 
"My apartment is too humid to even breathe" Daryl ran a hand through his sweat soaked hair.
"Same, actually" Beth nodded. She tried to think of something to say, but all that went through her mind was that she loved him. She wanted to scream it at the top of her lungs. That Beth Greene is in love.
But the thought of telling Daryl didn't sound like a good idea. She would have courage to say it for a second, but then she would feel something in the pit of her stomach that made the courage go away. "Something wrong?" Daryl interrupted her thoughts. He was a bit worried from the distressed look on Beth's face.
"No" Beth shook her head, feeling a little guilty for lying.
"You can tell me" Daryl took her hand in his, breaking some tension.
"I want to go on dates with you, Daryl Dixon" Beth blurted out. "What?" Daryl glanced at Beth, a cough escaping his mouth.
"I want to go to fancy restaurants and have picnics in the park or go to the beach" Beth could feel the tears coming. "But we can't ever do that, we missed everything"
Daryl slowly took Beth into a hug, not really knowing what else to do. He didn't want to mess anything up with Beth but he didn't have much experience with girls like her. The kind that stuck around. Besides, Daryl wasn't the kind of guy to go on dates. But he would have with Beth, and that made her special.
"We can make it" Daryl whispered. "If Glenn and Maggie can still be married in this world, then we can at least try to be something" His words weren't going through a filter anymore. They were coming straight from his heart.

"Are you asking me out?" Beth giggled.
"Shud up" He whispered, then kissed the top of her head.

Authors Note: I know this chapter is short but I wanted to finally update for all of yall! Thank you for everyone who is still reading! c: