Waking and Falling (2)

"...ou...nk...sh...ng...o...wa...up...?"

"...I...nt...kn...su...wa...up...cy...!"

-~

I can hear their voices.

Mavis and Natsu are desperately trying to wake me up. I know I can't, though.

I think it'll be around 3 more months until I wake up...

"Lucy." I turn around.

-~ 3rd Person

"Zeref, you're still there? You've been disappearing and reappearing a lot lately." Lucy looks down at the golden grass beneath her.
"I've been... sorta lonely..." she continues, albeit a bit awkwardly.

"It's because time goes by quicker in your mind." Zeref looks Lucy in the eyes. "And I'd sort of have to be asleep for a whole day in order for me to be in your mind for about an hour, I guess..."

"Haha, really?" Lucy giggles. She'd been sleeping while sleeping during the time Zeref was gone. The mental landscape reflected that by changing the time from day to night. Zeref would come back, see that it's night, and look at a sleeping Lucy and laugh a little.

"Don't laugh! It would honestly take for me to sleep the whole day!" Zeref looks away in embarrassment. He is intrigued by the same tree with a black and golden flower blooming together. For an unknown reason, the two flowers had bloomed further.

"Have you been more rested then?" Lucy teases, aware of the fact that some days he appeared for 3 whole hours.

"In a way. I usually stay awake for a whole week. Now, however, I have someone to talk to." Zeref looks at Lucy and smiles.

"So, how have you been, Zeref?" Lucy smiles and sits down on the grassy floor.

"Good... I guess." Zeref hesitantly answers her question.

"Really? That's great!" Lucy's teasing smile turns into a genuine smile.

"I've been better than usual."

"So... I'm currently trapped in Fairy Sphere... I've been here for around 6.7 years, not aging in the slightest. What about you, Zeref?" Lucy asks.

"I haven't been aging for 400+ years... I've lost count at this point." Zeref sighs and lies on the floor.

"400+ years?! You must have been extremely lonely all this time."

"Mh, I was for quite a while. That was due to my curse, although. I couldn't really be near anyone or anything. Thank you for dealing with me like this." Zeref smiles at Lucy.

"Huh?! What do you mean?! It's been fun! I like making people happy." Lucy smiles back.

Drip... Drop...

"Zeref... are you crying again? Sorry..."

"No... it's fine... I'm just so surprised and happy. The last time I heard that was..."

Zeref stares off into space, a memory flashing before his eyes.

"I haven't really told you about how I was involved in the founding of Fairy Tail, haven't I?" Zeref turns to look at Lucy, a distant look in his eyes.