A Strong Flyer And a Weak Hitter

As A still sat there and she started to remember her dream she was trying so hard to get out of her head.

***

The dream is not the normal one you expect it to be. She wasn't in a long white dress, she was in normal clothes back in her bedroom at home.

"Cathy?" Alex asked as he walked into the room. He was older now, he looked 5 years older.

"Yes hon?" She ask looking at him.

"Chris is home. He wants to talk to you bout something."

"Tell him I'm... Busy." She didn't want to see her older brother. No, not now, not forever.

He rolled his eyes and went back down stairs. She got up and looks out the window. It was a clear day with puffy puffy gray clouds.

"Alex said you were busy. I didn't believe him, who's busy on a Monday?" Chris said behind her. She didn't look, she was too afraid too.

"What do you want then?" She started to see everything melt away like ice on a hot pan.

"You to tell me where you are. I'm alive just tell me! Tell me!"

She turned to find that same mutant face she saw that day. "Sure you might still be alive but you are a mutant and dream walking mutant for a fact. How long did it take for you to find me huh? Five years? Moving around to much for you?" She gave a wicked smile to him. "GET OUT!" She yelled darkness that was all around her and the mutant. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

***

She got up and looked around.

"Thanks Z," she said in her head using her telekinesis.

"What did I do this time?" He answered.

"Not waking me up when you left." She thought walking back towards the perimeter.

"Sorry important runners meeting about what gonna happen in the next few months."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" She asked. "I could of been there so you wouldn't miss..."

"Trust me, I have everything under control. And I would have brought you but you look too cute sleeping."

"Haha so funny." She walked onto the path that takes her back to the little home. "Meet me in the training area."

"Why?" He asked curiously.

"Because there are new batch and I want you to see them."

She when she got back there were few people wandering around. She walked to the middle building on the left side.

When she walked in everyone stopped and looked at her. "No, no. Don't mind me, keep working." Everyone nodded and the noise started up again. Cassy jogged to her.

"You should of told me you were coming." She said.

"What they working on?" A asked her as she watched the small group.

"Hand and hand combat..." Cassy started. A didn't pay attention to anything Cassy said after that, she was watching the littlest one she saw from yesterday getting beaten by what looks like a twelve year old boy. "HEY! Mike," Cassy yelled at the oldest one. "Give Kyle a break would you?"

"He the smallest of is though," Mike began to protest. "He needs to learn-"

"What's your power?" A butt in.

"Excuse me?" Mike looked at her very confusingly.

"Remember yesterday I said, well I believe I said, from my town I was from a group of nine survivors and it went down to three. Me, M.N., and Z. Those other six were consumed over there powers or got eaten by mutants. This boy, Kyle right, is stronger than you ever will be." A smiles at Kyle, "You see Kyle must of been about three, maybe younger, when the bombs dropped. He must have had a sister or brother but they must of die protecting him. So he been on his own a very long time than you. He never got eaten by a mutant and he never got consumed by his power. So I'll ask you again Mike. What is your power?"

Mike stood there shocked at the way A had just talked to him. "I'm... I'm uh..." He look down at his feet. "I can control fire and make it appear out of thin air." He snapped his figures and there was a tiny lick of a blue flame.

"Kyle what can you do?" She asked kneeling down at him. Kyle smiles and jumped a little bit off the ground and stood there hovering in the air. Then he took off into the rafters of the ceiling. A was amazed, she never saw someone that could fly and she thought she saw every power imaginable.

"COME BACK!" Cassy yelled at him, Kyle started to float down.

"Now that you don't see every day." A said looking directly at Mike.

"Still he's... He's..."

"Weak? You look more the weak one than him." A was crawling under Mike skin making him pissed and embarrass.

A was about the walk away when Mike yelled "FIGHT ME! I'll show you I'm not weak."

A smiled slightly and looked at Mike, "You aren't worth my time."

Mikes hands were on fire, the fire was very weak. But he mustered up enough strength to throw a fire ball at her head. But before it even hit her it stopped in mid air. And slowly when into A's hand.

"So... Is that how you want to play? I can use fire. Or should I use water since that's your weakness. Maybe I will use rock just so you won't break through, what do you want huh? To be crushed, drowned, or burnt to death? The choice is all yours."

"A," Cassy whispered and touched her shoulder. "You shouldn't be doing this, I know that... Just stop. It's like you said he is just a waste of your time."

"He is asking for it." A looked around the room everyone stopped again and watched them in what looks like an almost circle.

"Just don't give in, that's all I'm asking. Don't fuel that fire that's in him."

"I'm gonna teach him a lesson okay?" A said walking closer to Mike. "Since you guys are working in hand and hand combat, how bout we do that. It won't kill you."

"I can't fight a girl!"

A stood, legs apart, hands in fists and near her face. Just how her brother Chris taught her, she never knew why Chris taught her how to fight. Mike stood there very hesitant on what to do. "Wow. And you started this whole ordeal. Why won't you fight!"

Mike put up his fist as well. A looked for a weak spot if any in fact.

Quickly Mike went in for A's gut. A swirls around and quickly wrapped her leg around his. Already unbalance by his miss hit, A leg made him hit the floor face first.

"Well, that was quick..." Cassy murmured.

A turned to find Z standing leaning against a a wall underneath a window. She walked over to him and planted a hard kiss on him.

"Was that really necessary?" Z asked.

"Yes, no one should prey on the weak." She said messing up his hair, Z hated when ever she did that.

"Well, let's go on a walk so you can tell me your plan while you are here for the winter months. They be wrapping up soon. We can watch them tomorrow." A said grabbing his hand. Z nodded and they walked to go outside.