Chapter 10 - Dr. Kim's Helpfulness

"So Yeri came into my life in a time where I was still pining for Yena... Yena was a difficult case for me to shake off that easily. Mostly because I liked hanging around at Sungmin's place and just seeing Yena there didn't help me in my case of moving on from her."

"I see, there was no physical distance between you, therefore you couldn't move on. That is not uncommon for people to experience." dr. Kim chimed in. "Go on." he added.

"Yeah, true, especially for me. When I'm going through a breakup or I want to distance myself from someone... Well, I need to physically distance myself from someone."

"So why didn't you? Why didn't you stop going to Sungmin's place and explain him the situation?"

Joy sighed. She then added:

"I guess I wasn't quite over her yet and my head and my heart weren't willing to move on just yet. I guess I wanted to see if things could turn around... I wanted to see if she would be interested in having something more with me in the future. I guess you could say I was falling in love with her while also being in denial about it."

"Again, nothing too uncommon, continue."

"And I also liked hanging out with Sungmin. And if I told him about the whole situation, I thought it would be weird for all of us there - him, Yena, me, their friends that would hang around with us... I guess I just wanted to avoid an awkward situation. But by doing that, I guess I created a mess in itself."

Then Joy sat again for a couple of moments silently.  She was shuffling in her seat, looking out the window, trying to continue the conversation.

"Is everything okay? Do you need a break?" The doctor finally asked.

"No, no... I can go on."

"Okay... So... Tell me how Yeri got into the mix."

"It was the club called Club, I don't know if you've heard of it."

"Yeah, it's been open since my youthful days." dr. Kim replied.

"Well, there's where I met Yeri.... It was a relatively warm September night and she came out in a very revealing outfit... Not that having a revealing outfit is bad or anything, she can do whatever she wants... It's... ugh..." Joy blushed at the thought of remembering Yeri for the first time she saw her. She then continued:

"Anyway... She looked very pretty and I was immediately taken over by her looks. I know, shallow, but it is what it is."

"Mkay... And how did you two meet?" dr. Kim wanted to get things back on track.

"Oh, right... Anyway, that evening was the evening when Yena and I again had a little share of "hot and cold moments"... She was laughing at my jokes the entire evening while we were at Sungmin's place, she would put her hand on my thigh every time she would laugh, she looked at me endearingly... It was weird but I kinda enjoyed the attention I was getting. But then there were moments when she would just like coldly pass a drink my way or act all "nonchalant"... I was confused again, but I thought the evening would go either way at that point. We suggested going to Club and the three of us were later joined by Sungmin's friends Eunbi, Hyewon, Chaeyeon and Chaewon... Chaewon is another story..."

Dr. Kim just nodded his head for Joy to continue.

"When we arrived there, it was business as usual for Yena - a bit of flirting, but for most of the evening, I was ignored. And that hurt."

"Why did it hurt?"

"Because... Ugh... I know it's wrong, but it hurt because I felt like I deserved her."