Chapter 24 - Sunmi's Interview

"I can't believe it's actually Sunmi!" Joy stated excitedly.

"Shhh! I need to hear this woman!" Yeri replied while turning the radio up as she smiled at Joy filled with excitement as well.

Sunmi happily announced:

"Sooo, tonight we're having a very talented person with us! She has been a trainee for a while at her company and her videos on social media where she performs various dances have gained quite a following - she is said to debut this year, either within a group or as a solo act and this is something we will be discussing tonight, here with us is Bae Joo-Hyun, popularly known as Irene!" 

"Hi, hello!" Irene's quiet voice greeted Sunmi.

"Ohhh, I've seen her videos, she's really good at dancing!" Joy expressed her amazement as she and Yeri continued to listen to the interview.

The interview between Sunmi and Irene was very comfortable for the two and Sunmi praised Irene's abilities so far, while Irene gratefully accepted the compliments and said that she really enjoys Sunmi's music as well.

"I like this Irene too, I mean, she appreciates Sunmi, that's enough for me" Yeri smiled as she said that.

Sunmi went on:

"So, the big question is - the debut! Your company teased us with some statements but the public is not sure whether we're getting you within a group or as a solo act so... could you clarify this for us?"

"Well hahaha" Irene laughed shortly and then continued: "This is something that I can't get into too much detail... But I can say this - we are working on making things happen within this year. The company has been really good to me so far and I am working on improving myself every day... There have been talks of making a potential group, some videos have been sent to the company of potential new trainees that might form a group with me buuuuut... nothing's determined just yet hehe"

"Wow... Imagine being in a group with Irene!" Joy spoke with her mouth agape. "She's so talented."

"I've never seen her videos, but she sounds cool... does she have a "bad bitch vibe" about herself as well?" Yeri asked.

"She's pretty cool!" Joy smiled. "When we pull over somewhere, I can show you her videos."

"Deal!" Yeri agreed.

"I could never be a radio host" Yeri then added. "Just... why, how? Kudos to Sunmi for being able to do that for a week!"

"I bet you would be awesome as a radio host!" Joy replied with a smile.

"Yeah?" Yeri was surprised.

"I bet you would use all those studio sound effects, like the horns and whatnot"

"Oh yeah... that's right, those studio sound effects, those are cool hahahah But other than that, I don't know..."

"Well, it's always up to you... What you want to do with your life that is..." Joy replied wistfully as she looked out the window.

Maybe the same is true for me? She thought to herself.

"Well, in any case Irene, I do hope you have a great start to your career, whether if it's with a group or solo!" Sunmi was wrapping up the interview.

"Thank you so much!"

"Thank you so much for coming onto the show!"

"Oh wow" Irene replied shyly. "Thank you for having me and I hope you will have a great week on this show hehe."

"Isn't she amazing? Thank you Irene for saying that!" Sunmi replied joyfully. "What would you like for us to play next?"

"Do you have that song That's So Us by Ailee X?" Irene asked politely after contemplating a while.