Chapter Eight

IM GONNA BE 100% HONEST, I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW HOW GROOT AND ROCKET MET! IT'S SAD I KNOW! BUT I DID SOME RESEARCH AND FOUND DIFFERENT THINGS ON IT! ALL OF THEM WERE FREAKING DIFFERENT, SO I KIND OF PUT THEM TOGETHER I GUESS. IM SURE IT'S NOT ACCURATE! DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT? YOU WILL FIND OUT!
————————————————————————

   After spending an hour in your room sulking about Peter not loving you, you decided to go talk to some of the others aboard the ship. Peter has been your only friend your whole life. It's about time to make some more. You walk around until you find someone. Rocket.

"Hey." You announce yourself as you sit next to him.

He's tinkering with a bunch of things he found around the ship. If Peter caught him, he'd be pissed. But as long as Rocket doesn't mess with any important components, you don't care.

"Hey." He says back, focusing on what's in front of him.

"Whatcha up to?" You question as your eyes scan the various pieces of metal in front of the raccoon.

"Just makin' new things." He answers.

What should you talk to him about? You didn't really think it through. You honestly thought you'd come across Groot or Gamora.

"Is there something you want?" He asks, turning his head towards you.

You shake your head. "Not really. Just wanted to get to know you." You admit.

"Ain't much to know."

"I doubt that." Your eyes scan his furry face.

He sighs and looks back at his tools. "What do ya wanna know?"

Immediately a questions pops into your mind. "How'd you meet Groot?"

He pauses for a second and closes his eyes. "We were in a prison." He continues working. "I was dubbed a lower life form. They were gonna kill me." He clears his throat. "One day, when a guard came in to take me to my death, I bit him and ran as fast as I could."

He was on death row for supposedly being a Lower Life Form? That's ridiculous. Who would do that?

"I came across Groot somehow. I can't even remember how it happened. But we made a deal, and I set him free. He's my muscle and I'm his smarts. We escaped the prison and stuck together ever since." He finishes, never looking away from his new invention.

  "Sorry you were gonna die. At least you guys got away." You sympathize.

"Doesn't matter now. We're way past that." He looks at you again. "What about you and Quill?"

You smile as you think about all of the time you've spent with Peter. "When I was six, I was abducted from Terra by the Ravagers. I didn't care though. My foster parents were assholes who beat me." Maybe if you tell him more about your life, he'll think again about turning you over to Yondu. But you also want to make him your friend. "I was basically taken to keep Peter company."

"How'd you become Spectre?" He asks as he tinkers some more.

"There was this one Ravager that I really liked. His name was Liam and he was from Terra too. From what he told me, he was the best assassin that money could buy." You smile as you reminisce. "I asked him to train me as he had been, and he did. I trained for years. Ever since I was twelve."

"How come Quill can't fight like you? Didn't you ask him to join?"

"I did, but he skipped out. Didn't really care I guess." You clear your throat. "Anyway, when I was eighteen, Liam died on a mission." Tears sting your eyes at the memory of being told your father figure had passed. "We were close. I looked up to him like a father." You swallow and close your eyes. "Before he died though, he told his partner for the mission to give me something." You let out a pained chuckle as you grab the ear piece behind your ear and look at it. "I guess you could say I was his protégé, and he was my mentor. I guess I'm carrying on his legacy, if you can call it that."