the brat and the thief

tyler sat in the backseat jamming out to tia tamera by doja cat. he lost his shit when rico nasty's verse started. this song went absolutely hard. tyler furrowed his eyebrows when he felt tapping on his shoulder. he looked up to see his dad glaring at him from the passenger seat. tyler rolled his eyes taking out his airpod which stopped the bop he was playing.

"i hope whatever you have to say is good. i was getting to the best part of my song.", tyler scoffed.

tyler's dad narrowed his eyes at his sons attitude. "you're pissy bitch music isn't good, there is no best part. now if you weren't listening to those females rap about god knows what you would have heard your mother and i tell you that we'll be at your aunts and uncles in—" the slightly chubby man looked at the gps "—5 minutes sharp.", he said.

tyler took both of his airpods out putting them back in the case because he knew for the next 5 minutes his dad would find some way to verbally humiliate him before he was off on a beautiful vacation. what did kelly fucking see in chris. "dad just because i wear skirts and like to paint my nails doesn't mean i only listen to female artists. i happen to be in love with mac demarco. i bet he has a big cock.", tyler smiled. he giggled at his dad's angry expression.

"kelly do you hear our son? the nasty words coming out of his mouth? say something!", chris said.

kelly looked at tyler through the mirror. "tyler do you remember what we talked about?", she raised her perfectly arched eyebrow.

tyler bit his lip before responding, "no talking about dick, abs, hot guys, or sex in general when dad is around.", tyler said.

"when dad is around? no those rules apply all the time tyler!", chris yelled.

"they don't apply when i'm with mom because she's not a homophobic bitch like you are.", tyler replied.

before chris could reply with some type of verbally abusive term, kelly was pulling into her sisters driveway. tyler's aunt and uncle were filthy fucking rich. tyler didn't know what their jobs were and he didn't care.

"get out and get your shit so your mother and i aren't late to catch our cruise.", chris muttered with the most hateful glance towards his own son.

tyler opened his car door and closed it after giving his father the finger. tyler opened up the trunk getting all of his suitcases and bags. "here honey let me help you.", kelly said taking some of her sons heavy bags.

"mom why haven't you left dad yet? why are you going on a cruise with him instead of me? you're leaving me here to go have fun with the man who tears me down with his words.", tyler genuinely asked his mother. his mom's always been so accepting and there for him. he loved her but he was so confused as to why she hasn't divorced chris yet. kelly sighed as they both walked to the front door.

"i was going to tell you after we got back in a week but... once the cruise is over i'm coming back alone. this trip is my last time to spend with your father before we divorce. i know he doesn't accept you and that's horrible. despite that him and i have been through a lot together and although we'll probably fuss a lot we both wanted to go on this trip as a last goodbye.", kelly muttered with tears in her eyes. she rang the doorbell.

"you were going to surprise me with yall's divorce? oh my god that would have been so much better but i'm happy that you're telling me now. i'm looking forward to never seeing him again. don't cry. i know you'll always love what was the good parts of him. i love you.", tyler said.