Good Girls

Song
Good Girls- 5SOS

~Katie~
The next day I had to wake up early for another boring day at work. Then tomorrow I have to get up early again for a boring day of school. I'm actually very smart for my age. I always have been. I make straight A's. And most people who know me (mostly just family) think I'm some saint, but maybe that's just because I don't wear piercings around them and don't wear all black around them. They don't seem to realize I'm not who they think I am.

I took a shower and got dressed in a black Nirvana shirt, black skinny jeans, yellow flats, and a yellow beanie the same shade as the face on my shirt. Satisfied with how I looked I skipped the makeup today not really wanting to wear any and headed to work.

Me and Nina usually have the same shifts because were pretty good friends with Tyler, our manager, so he lets us work the same times. I didn't see Nina today though, I saw Autumn. I hadn't seen her in a long time. She went down to Florida for school for a little while so when I saw her I quickly ran up and hugged her as she did the same to me letting out an excited squeal in the process.

"So how was Florida?" I asked noticing she had a nice new tan. "Hot." she replied and I laughed. "I can imagine. How have you been? I haven't seen you in 10 months." I exclaimed. "Ive been really good actually" she said and it made me so happy. She had a lot of issues here in New York. Florida was good for her. "I'm glad" the conversation was cut short when I noticed a familiar head of curls. To my surprise he walked straight up to me.

"You" he stated. "Me?" I questioned. "Her?" Autumn asked. "Yes you." the mystery guy stated as a matter of fact. "I already finished this book." he said holding up his day old copy of Divergent. "It's a good book." I shrugged. I wanted to care. I truly did. I just wasn't feeling it today. He made me want to be myself around him. The girl behind the piercings and dark clothing, and I hated it. I also hated that my reaction to what he said made his face fall a little bit. "Yeah. Umm.. Where would the second one be?" he said softly. I hopped on top of the counter and sat down to get a better look. "It should be back there near the teen section. It shouldn't be hard to spot. Those books have their own smaller section to them." I stated pointing in the direction he should go. "thanks" he said lowly. Damn his accent.

"Who is that?" Autumn mouthed to me. I just shrugged and took my bottom lip in between my teeth to hold back a smile. I jumped down from the counter and screamed. I hit my ankle. Hard. Is it supposed to bend that way? I'm not sure. I couldn't see through the tears in my eyes. I heard someone running towards me and then I heard the mystery guys voice "What happened?!" he yelled. "She jumped down from the counter and I think she broke her ankle. You're going to need to take her to the hospital so I can work both of our shifts." Autumn replied hurriedly. I was still on the ground clutching my ankle and crying in pain when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me.

"Shh you're okay. I'm going to drive you to the hospital okay?" he said. I just nodded.

When we got to the hospital the doctor gave me a cast and a pair of crutches. I apparently broke my foot as well. I signed the papers and walked out with mystery guy. "Thank you" I said "for what?" he asked. "For helping me. I mean you're just some customer at the book store I work at and you drove me to the hospital because of my ankle." I stated. "I may only know your name. But for some odd reason I care about you more than I should." He stated and helped me get my crutches into his black car. After a final groan of frustration he got them in the passenger side and walked around to the other side of the car and started to drive "So where do you live?" So I told him my address.

•.•.•.•.

"So.. what's your name?" I ask and he smiled showing off his dimples. "I was wondering when you would ask." He said. "My name is Ashton. Ashton Irwin." I nodded and waved, taking my bottom lip in between my teeth to keep from smiling too big as I struggled out of the car and headed towards the front door of my house.

*****

Sooooo yeahhhh chapter 2 whooo. I actually like this chapter. Guyssssss I swam with a dolphin!! And the good girls music video :O

anyways vote and comment!

~Kay

Ps- it was smalla then a bug