2. Unlock The Door

The day my life changed was January 6, 2010. It was my first day back at grade eleven after the winter break. Why our first day back was a Thursday, I don't know. We all thought it was ridiculous. Why couldn't we have waited until the Monday?
Jennifer and I walked into the school together, holding hands as always. I was okay with holding hands, but not in the way that many people assumed we were. As we walked into the cafeteria, we saw a large group of people in a circle. I got closer, and my heart skipped a beat.
The most beautiful guy I had ever seen was standing in the middle of the circle. He had long, dark brown hair that covered his eyes, and biceps bigger than my thighs (which were like, three times the size they should have been at that time). He was wearing ultra tight jeans, and a football letter jersey. He was hanging out with my friend group, so I looked at Jennifer excitedly, and hurried over.
"Hey, Jamie! Come meet Zak!" My friends pulled me into the circle, and the boy and I looked into each other's eyes for the first time. His eyes were the perfect sky blue.
"Hey," he said. "I'm Zak. Zak McGill." He kept staring into my eyes and he spoke.
"I'm Jamie Baugher."
"Nice to meet you, Jamie." Zak shook my hand, and a little shiver ran down my spine. His hand was so soft, but his grip was firm. It took me a moment to realize that I needed to let go of his hand. I quickly pulled away, hoping that no one noticed.
The bell rang, and the group dispersed to their different classes. Jennifer and I had a spare in first, so we sat down at a table and started to talk.
"Oh my god, Jennifer, did you see those glutes? And his biceps, O-M-G. I'm a mess today, look at me!"
"Not again, Jamie! No falling for straight guys! We agreed to keep each other on track until we leave for college."
"But look at me! Oh, I need to go run! And squat! And take away my chips!" With that I ran off to the change room, leaving a very confused Jennifer behind.