3. Hand On The Handle

After changing into the straightest workout clothing I could find, I hurried to the school's weight room. The first period gym class was used to seeing me in there every couple weeks. I would either go in there when I had a crush, or when I thought my sexuality was being questioned. However, I was rather surprised to see Zak, with a thirty pound dumbbell in each hand, doing bicep curls. His shirt was stuck to his extremely defined chest with sweat, and I could see a hint of a six pack. I hurried over to the treadmill, and started running, hoping he wouldn't see me. But of course he did, and he came over.
"Hey Jamie," he said, with a little grin that made me gulp. I was very glad I was running, because if I wasn't, he would have had me gasping for air.
"Hey, Zak." At that point I was praying to RuPaul and Madonna that I wouldn't faint.
"So, you like working out then?" Zak asked, wiping sweat from his brow.
"Uh... yeah! Every week, bro!" My inner gay gagged when I said bro, but I had to remain a "heterosexual", even in the light of the hot tamale before me. I slowed down to a walk so I wouldn't fall and embarrass myself as we talked.
"What about sports? You play?"
"Umm.... soccer! Oh yeah, man, it's the best."
"Why don't we play sometime? The rest of the guys can be on our teams!" My palms were sweating at the thought of him hanging out with me. Was he asking me out?
"God yes! Uh, I mean, sounds cool brother". I just about slapped myself in the face. I was acting ridiculous, and I almost gave myself away again!
"Hey McGill! Do you think that just because this is your first day, you can slack off? Get back over here!" His gym teacher continued to yell at him as he rolled his eyes.
"Here's my number. I can make a group chat with the rest of the guys, and we can plan a soccer game sometime. I'll talk to you later, bro." With that he walked back to his dumbbells, and I sped back up to a run.