Chapter 30: The Unexpected Happening

         "We Are The World" had been released, and it had sold out for the quickest time. People enjoyed it very much, for there was such a beautiful meaning within it. Moreover, there were different kinds of artists who were very, very popular (in that era). People loved the song, and so did his family friends. All around the world. Michael couldn't have been more pleased of the results of the great and hard effort of everybody who cooperated.

~

         Michael started wearing shades, masks, fedoras, and a glove (on the hand where Vitiligo is visible) to cover the lighter patches of his skin.

         People thought he wore these just for fashion, and his fans copied it, but these were no ordinary fashion. These protected him from the sun and covered him up so the media wouldn't make up tabloids about his sickness.

*Year 1986*

         Every single day, Michael's skin color turns lighter and lighter. The white blotches on his skin became very visible.

         He kept putting on make-up to cover it up, but other than that, he had no other choice but to reveal his secret.

         He was alone, in his room, thinking all about this condition of his.

"I don't want to go out anymore..." He sighed. He was lonely. He thought no one cares.

"But I think you should."

"Who-- Fiona? How? I was alone..."

"I was gonna check on you, but on that right moments, you said that."

"It's just..." He sighed. "When people will see me like... THIS... They'll jump into conclusions.. Especially the media. I can't take their harsh words." Tears fell from his eyes, but Fiona was still there. Comforting him.

"Relax.. Just for a while."

"I can't, Fiona. The stress I get everyday, combined to the loneliness I have... It makes me so messed-up!"

"So you're gonna show the media you're weak? You're gonna show your fans that they have a weak inspiration? Is that it?" She quickly answered back.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you gonna make the media destroy you? Are you going to disappoint your fans? If I were you, I would stand strong. I have to tell you, that all these things happening to you are just tests in life. You can get over them if you have perseverance." She advised.

"You know. You're right. I should stay strong. I MUST stay strong.. Thank you."

~

"THE SHOCKING APPEARANCE CHANGE OF MICHAEL JACKSON! FROM A BLACK AMERICAN BOY TO... A WHITE MAN? COULD THIS BE? IS THIS POSSIBLE? MICHAEL JACKSON HIMSELF SAID HE HAS A RARE SICKNESS CALLED VITILIGO, WHICH HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A FEW DAYS AGO. BUT SOME PEOPLE IN THE WORLD SAY THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE BLACK. HE HAD SKIN BLEACHING. SO, WHAT IS THE TRUTH? WHO DO YOU BELIEVE?? DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!" Michael turned the TV off.

"See, Fiona? That's what I'm talking about. The lies. The media fabricate all these tabloids. Why, I haven't heard of this 'skin bleaching.' I didn't even know there's such a thing."

"Just stand strong. It's their own problem when they believe the lies. Your fans know the truth, you should know that.

"Still. I can't believe that. How could they even do this to me?"

"They're ignorant enough. They just want attention. And they only make up these lies so they can boost their sales."

"Yeah, I guess so. But it still hurts."

"Just remember, it's just a test. God won't give you something you can't handle. Just trust Him."

~

"DONE! This is gonna be a hit, Mike!"

"We put all our efforts into it. Of course, nothing is perfect, but I assure you that our efforts are not in vain."

"Hell yeah! I mean, you put all your effort into it! Like, only 2 days, you memorized the choreography! Wow!" Frank said in amazement.

"I'm just excited and anxious at the same time for the release of ny new album, Bad." Michael stated.

"You sound terrific in there!"

"Thank you." Just then Fiona walked in.

"Hey, Frank! Hi, Mikey!" She greeted in amusement.

"Well, someone's happy today. Why?" Michael asked her.

"Just excited to see the outcome of your new album. What did you name it?"

"Bad. And it's finished." He answered with a smile.

"Nice title. I wanna listen to it!"

"You should wait for the release. Where's the surprise if I show it to you now?" He chuckled.

"I thought I was special to you? Where're my priviledges to being the girl of the biggest popstar in the world, and is the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson?" She teased him, and it made Michael giggle.

"Kidding." He winked.

~

         Fiona went shopping, of course, with bodyguards, now that her secret was revealed. But this shopping trip was no ordinary shopping. She was shopping because Michael's birthday is coming up. She went in for a lot of things.

         When she was finished, she sat down on a chair. Just to rest. She instructed her bodyguards to just rest too. So all of them were talking when.....

         A bang was heard.

         It was a gunshot.

         Someone fell.

         There was blood.

         Paramedics rushed to aid the victim.

         It was one shocking, tragic moment.