6

A/N: It's been a long time since the last update. But I felt like I needed a break. I have planned on changing my strategies- but I feel nervous if I' m going to get through or not. I am not gonna disappoint you all- and I never will. But I wonder if I will be able to do it the way that I WANT. Anyway, enjoy guys! <3

*****

PART 1

#4 (LINDSAY)

"So, that was it." I finished. I had tears in my eyes. Anyone would - isn't it? The kind of misery that we have faced... is quite typical. Every time that I go over the past, I can't hold back. I just can't.

The nurse put her hand on mine. I looked up to see her smiling ," It's alright, Linda. Your sister still has her fabulous voice with her. She is never gonna lose what matters to her the most- her voice, and you, of course. Isn't it?'

I smiled at her. I certainly felt better.

"Jane!" Someone pushed open the door. It was Jared.

He came running towards Jane. He lowered his voice. "Jane... my Darling." His eyes welled up as he stroked Jane's face.

I walked up to him. Knelt down. "Are you alright, Jared?"

"That does not matter, Linda." He said, his eyes unusually a bit more harder." I want to teach this Matt guy a lesson."

A lesson? What happened to Jared? He never flared up! Sure, this is a time to be angry. But, if Jane is the one he's angry for, then shouldn't he consider her needs on a larger basis? If he does something to hurt Matt, she won't appreciate it. It would break her even more.

I couldn't control my anger.

"Jared, don't!" The nurse called out. "Do you think it will give Jane happiness? Matt's her best friend! She would never want to do that." She said. Absolutely.

Jared sighed. "You are right, sister. I felt... out of control."

The nurse said, "I'm sure you would want to know about Jane's condition further. I will talk to the doctor and see if he wants to talk to you."

"Sure." I said and nodded. She walked out.

"I don't know what to say," Jared spoke,"Everything's a mess now. I want your sister to be better. I can't think of what will happen to her when she wakes up. She's strong, but it will break her." Jared had his head in his hands.

I put a hand on his shoulder." Everything's gonna be fine Jared." He was right. What will happen to my sister when she comes to realize what has happened? But I have to take care of her. I know I can. She's a strong lady, and compassion is something that would work with her. And everyone of us is with her.

The nurse peeked in. "The doctor's in the office. You guys should go meet him."

I nodded and got up. I took a last glance at my sister. I didn't want to leave her alone.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna sit with her." The nurse offered. I felt relieved.

"Thanks, nurse." There was a wide smile on my face. We went out.

I am sure we both had the same thing in our mind. We didn't want anything worse. We feared it.

"Come in, Mr. Kendrick and Ms. Mirallegro." The doctor greeted us as we pulled chairs out for ourselves. The doctor seemed cheerful. "What I have got for you two as news is something refreshing and simple. AND short. So you both can be relieved enough." We smiled our part and urged him to continue.

The doctor cleared his throat and leaned forward with his hands clasped on his desk. "The reports are quite clear... but it has just one major effected spot- the ear. It didn't actually hurt her earlobe or the bones, at all. But it had hurt the brain. The part which control's the ears' functioning. There's nothing more to worry about."

We had hoped so. And here we are.

"She needs a month of medication and checkups. It will make her a bit better. Reports even suggest a possibility of one of her ears recovering. We will give it our best."

Thank god. I mentally danced and sang and prayed to God that everything should be fine.

I looked at Jared. He turned to me too and I think he was too happy to figure it all out and express an emotion.

"Thank you so much doctor. I think we should leave now. We don't plan on going away, the following month, from the hospital - except at night. So please keep updating us with your progress."

He smiled and nodded.

This has been the best day ever!

*****

A/N: I hope it was fine for you all, guys! I think I made it well enough. Please provide with some feedback! I would appreciate it. <3

Love,

Ashlin.