1.

Kiibo's POV

It was dark, and it felt like there were objects crushing me. I couldn't move. As I slowly opened my eyes, it was just darkness. But, through one of the objects, there was light coming through. A light I had never remembered seeing before. Am I...still alive?

I attempt to move, feeling a few of the objects over me beginning to move. Were they...rocks? Part of the school? There's no way it survived- wait...then how am I alive? I swear I self destructed, to save everyone else, not myself. Did I not end the killing game?

Well, I suppose talking to myself won't do much for me. I attempt to move the objects over, until finally, I could see a bright light. Quickly, I stood up from the objects, which were indeed rocks. It was such a mess here. 

But...this was not the killing game anymore. There was no school. But instead, it looked like I was on some kind of hill. The grass swayed in such a peaceful way, I just couldn't describe it.

Did I end this game?

Then, I looked up. The sun stared right back at me. Looking ahead, I could see actual buildings, all shapes and sizes. I believe this was a...city...? Does this mean there are other people in this world? I can't yet believe this is real. That this is home. Maybe it's some kind of afterlife. Just for me.

Though, in the distance, I heard such familiar voices.

No one's POV

"KIIBO!" Shuichi yelled from the distance, running through the longer grass and towards Kiibo. Kiibo jumped slightly, looking to Shuichi running towards him. 

But it wasn't just Shuichi. 

Maki and Himiko were with him. But once they reached Kiibo, he was mostly just speechless. He didn't know what to say, even though really, he was happy that they survived. And then, right when they reached Kiibo, Shuichi surprised Kiibo with a hug.

Kiibo slowly hugged back, seeing Himiko smiling back at him, and Maki with a slight grin on her face. 

Though once the hug separated, Shuichi was the first to speak up.

"...I can't believe this killing game is finally over..." Shuichi laughed a bit, the sight of the city only just grabbing his attention. 

"Oh, so it is indeed over? Then what is this place? I...only just became conscious, I don't know how I got here. I had been stuck under some of those rocks." Kiibo said, confused. He pointed to the rubble right next to him.

"Yeah, it's definitely over, Kiibo. I'd say we stepped out of the world of fiction, and we're just stepping into the real world now! So this is our home, just...the four of us-"

Maki was cut off, by a new voice getting closer in the distance. It was so familiar, it was obvious who it was. Right away.

"HEYY! Come on, you can't forget about me!"

The four looked back, seeing Kaito running over to them, with a smile on his face. He looked so...happy.

"KAITO?!" Maki froze up, in shock. 

As Kaito neared, he immediately embraced Maki into a hug, ever so slightly lifting her up from his height. Maki stayed still, before slowly managing to hug him back, through the shock of him still being alive.

Kiibo stared at the two, feeling happy for them. He knew they liked each other, with such a huge passion. And he understood what that felt like, except, he already accepted the fact that he could never see his special person.