Don't Judge The Book By It's Cover

Katy's POV

I was running up the stairs, knowing that I was late for class. Pushing between all those people was not easy but I did it!

I grabbed my books and opened the door of my English class, causing unwanted attention to fill the room.

I was frozen in front of the classroom. Wonderful! "Ah Katy, you Made it to class, not in time though. I'm afraid I'm gonna' have to give you a red slip for that." Mrs Gabriela said in disappointment. A red slip is basically another word for detention. I took a seat next to a honey blond guy with a ridiculous look in his eyes. "Hey hon, you free after school?" He asked me with a drunk like face.

"Maybe, maybe not." I rolled my eyes and looked away. "You wanna' play hard? Fine." He mumbled, keeping his eyes to the board.

I couldn't bare sitting with that thing next to me anymore. I raised up my hand. "Yes Katy?" The teacher asked looking at me.

"I don't feel well, can I go out for a second?" I asked. She huffed at me, "Is it really SO bad that you can't wait?" She asked.

"Yes." I said glancing at the guy next to me. "Very well then." Mrs Gabriela opened the door for me.

I ran down the stairs but got knocked over by someone. "Watch it!" I shouted at the stranger while pressing on my forehead

at the place where his shoulder had bumped it. "That's why you shouldn't be running down the stairs." The stranger smirked.

"Oh so it's alright for you to be running up the stairs but wrong for me to be running down the stairs!?" I exclaimed looking

into his big, chocolate brown eyes. "Come, I'll take you to the nurse." He said, with the smirk taking over his lips.

"So, what's your name?" he asked while fixing his black leather jacket. "Katy, but my friends call me Kate....at least they would if I

had any friends." I sighed, "what's yours?" I asked "Bradley, but my friends call me Brad, it's up to you what you want

to call me." He replied smiling.

His name suits him. It is mysterious, just like him.

Bradley's POV

Katy, or Kate?

In either way her name suits her, it's a sweet name. I couldn't help noticing how good looking she was.

Her big hazel eyes perfectly matched her blond-brown hair, and the sprinkled freckles on her nose and cheeks were so pretty.

Her hair was short, but not TOO short it reached just under her shoulders. I could tell by the way she acted though, that

she didn't see what I saw. "She's SO pretty!" I accidentally said outloud. I felt my heart beating faster. She turned to

me and looked in confusion. "Who?" She asked. I stopped and let the smirk take over. "You." I answered staring at her eyes.

Her cheeks went rosy and she looked away. "Can I call you Kate?" I asked looking down at her. She nodded, lifting her eyes at mine.

We walked down to the nurse. "What happened?" She asked looking at Katy's head. "I bumped my shoulder in her forehead."

I replied for Kate. "Where?" The nurse asked observing it closer. "At the stairs." Kate replied as she sat on the bed in the nurse's office.

"You need to be careful." She explained. She handed Katy an ice bag and told her to keep it on her head until the pain goes away.

"It's gone." She said, returning the ice bag to the nurse.

We went back upstairs, I suddenly stopped in the corridor, I turned to Katy and took a step closer.

"What?" She asked with a confused and rather nervous smile.

"Are you free after school?" I asked shrugging.

"Why?" She answered with another question. "Because....I need help with my History homework."

"So, are you?" I asked for the second time.

"Yeah, but History has never been one of my favorite subjects...

so I can't promise that I'll be good at helping." She said nervously.

I didn't actually have History homework. She should know since we are in the same History class. Oh well, I'll think of something

To make her come over.

Katy's POV

I knew that Brad didn't have any History homework, but I wanted to spend some time with him, he seemed like a nice guy who I would like to get to know. I walked closer to him and stared into his eyes.

He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked away, he ran after me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me with an emotionless face. I felt unsafe when he looked at me like that.

"Please stop." I said looking away. I felt Brad's stare burning through my back, which caused me to turn around and doing something I

knew I would regret. "Stop Staring At Me Like This!! You Can Use Your Ridiculous Smirk And Flirting Skills On Another Girl!!

Not Me!" I paused and saw his emotionless look turning into a dark glare.

"NEVER speak to me like that before you get to know me." He replied, it felt like he was threatening me.

"Just by looking at you I can tell you're not a nice guy." I said forgetting how this happened.

What is wrong with me!? "Don't judge the book by it's cover." Brad said leaving me alone in the empty corridor.

Bradley's POV

What is wrong with that girl!?!? She doesn't even know me!! Who does she think she is!?!?!?

I will not waste my time with that bitch anymore! She is so confusing! I can't believe it! I EVEN HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!

I love Rose and I would never do that to her.

I walked all the way to my house. When I got there, I realized it was empty.

I dropped on the couch in the living room. I texted Rose to come over but she said she can't. I walked outside of the house and sat on the front step. I saw a girl walking past me, I couldn't tell who she was because of the hood on her head. She Went into the house next to mine. I walked inside mine and went upstairs where my bedroom was. There was a big window in front of my bed,

The bedroom of the the other house also had a window like mine, so I could see the bed and who was there.

The girl went into her bedroom and took her hood off. I was shocked when I saw her face. I opened my window and she opened hers.

"KATY!?" I shouted in disbelief. "Brad!?" She answered back. "What the!?!?"I stumbled over my words.

"This can't be happening!!!" She exclaimed, dropping her head in her palms.

"SHIT." I whisper-shouted. "You have got to be kidding me!" She said to herself walking around her room.

WHY!?!?

Was this a joke!?!?! Why!? What did I do so wrong that the spirits or whatever there is in hell to curse me like that!?!?!

"That's.....you're......urrrrrr!!!!!!!" She didn't find the right words. I fell on my bed and whispered, "Kill me now!"

Wait! Maybe this wasn't a curse...maybe it was a sign that, I don't know...we would get along, somehow.