|6| Post Game

Coming back with a win after our loss is precisely what we needed

Coming back with a win after our loss is precisely what we needed. All of us were in the locker room, excited. We addressed the issues from the last two games and had some really good practices. Everybody humbly took responsibility for the careless mistakes, and now here we are.

We were in the locker room being interviewed. While doing so Marcel, me and some of my other teammates were getting our knees and shoulders iced.

"This was a great game. I have to give it to Banks and Clark they stayed in it. Washington came to play, and I'm more than excited to come out with the win." I took a second to catch my breath. "We have to get ready for Phoenix. No long celebrations, gotta' stay focused."

"That's a perfect way to kick off the season after a loss. Where does your inspiration come from, what motivates you to stay positive?" The interviewer Sandy Myers asked.

"Um, I pull from everywhere. My family, then there are people I meet randomly. For example, I met a nice lady. She's an elder. I went into her job late to grab a bite. She had that southern flare. You don't see much anymore. She was so welcoming, almost as if I had just entered her home. —Then that same night I met another lady, very beautiful. She recognized me, and I panicked a little because I was trying my damn-nest not to be seen."

We laughed. "She said the simplest thing to me. She told me, 'you guys will get the next one, focus on the next game and it's all yours.' Those little moments puts things into perspective. She didn't go crazy or make a scene. She just told me that and went back to doing what she was doing."

"Makes me see not only basketball in a new light but life in general. It's so easy to get stressed out and dwell on things. —I needed to hear that at that moment. Focus on the next game, try to be better," I added.

"Right, — and speaking of women. Do you have anyone special in your life? Is Kenzo Martin off the Market? That's the number one question with the fans, and they are dying to know?"

I raised my brows at her before chuckling. "Oh no, I'm so focused. Basketball is my relationship, nothing further. I'm not looking and don't have time for it."

She turned, focusing in on the camera. "There you have it, folks you've heard it here first." She turned back to me. "Thank you so much, Kenzo and again awesome game. This win was for the fans. You did us proud."

"I appreciate and thank you." I shifted a little to reach my hand out to shake hers.

She and the crew left, leaving me to have yet another interview. The next interviewer took a seat in front of me. I continued sitting with my iced knees. That interview went just like the previous.

After my final post-game interview, I had my legs unwrapped. I cleaned myself up before meeting up with some fans for some quick photos.

Shortly after finishing up, I saw my family waiting for me outside in the hall after.