|53| NOBU

The week flew by

The week flew by. We were days away from baby girls birthday party. Zo, Julia and I were at Nobu waiting for Nelsons arrival. We came thirty minutes early for prep purposes; to make sure Ju was positive, she wanted to go through with this.

Over the phone Charlotte felt the need to ask the obvious. "Nervous?"

I was in the bathroom stall totally freaking out. My nerves were shot to hell. The last thing I want to do is expose my daughter to somethings she's not ready for.

Julia was minutes away from meeting her birth father.

"You know I am." I exited the stall. "This was a door I was comfortable with keeping close." I pouted as I turned on the faucet.

"Just remember you guys control the narrative. He doesn't get any say. Keep it light, you'll be fine."

I breathed out roughly. "You're right. I gotta go. I'm sure he's about to walk in at any moment."

"Ok, I love you girl. Call if you need me."

"I love you too, don't know what I would do without you. You've been there through thick and thin." I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. "You're the best, best friend in the world."

"Awwwww," she squealed. "Well minus the whole introducing you to Nelson thing. Other than that, I can say I agree." She laughed it off.

"Stop. I told you to let that go. We wouldn't have Ju Ju Bean if you didn't" I adjusted the phone holding it up with my shoulder to wash my hands.

"Okayyyy. Call me girl." I agreed before she ended the call.

With my wet hands I placed my phone in my coat pocket almost dropping in the water. "Ok. Just breathe." I took deep breaths as I splashed some water on my face. "I can do this."

Gaining my confident I quickly dried off and made my way out of the bathroom, finding Zo and Ju laughing.

"We ordered you the brick oven-roasted baby vegetables with truffle butter to start, should be here shortly." Zo stood to pull out my seat. "You ok?"

I nodded reassuring him before sitting. "I'm ok."

His lips met mine before he regained his seat.

"Mommy I want the fish and chips, like last time." Julia squirmed. As I was about to speak I heard a server say right this way Mr. Carter. "Did you hear me mommy?"

"Sure Ju, fish and chips." Zo and I glanced at each other as Nelson gained closer.

"Hey," My child's biological fathers awkwardly waved as he approached the table. For a second, I forgot to breathe. I was praying this wouldn't end in disaster like it often would in the past.

Julia peered up from her seat facing Nelson. "You're him?" She asked while studying his features. We tried showing her the pictures but she didn't want to see them. She said she wanted to see him in person first before she hear any stories about him.